Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #1  

Kiotikarl

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti ck30 gear
Photo407.jpg Hi guys!
Juste felt like sharing this, but i've recently changed pack, left Husky for Stihl. I usally change my 3 saws yearly, but this time it won't be at the husky dealer. Something he said :shocked: pushed me to go somewhere else where my $$$ is good and welcomed:thumbsup: Any how , i have an MS170 that i keep all the time on my Prowler, great little saw. I recently bought (friday) an MS362, which is supposed to be better in everyway than the husky357xp.
Just to make sure to compare both saws equitably: They run on 16inch plate, Oregon 72-60,73-60 lpx chaine, and both are stock new. (the 357 is my dad's still on the first tank of gas). Ergonomics, feel, ease of use, vibration, :thumbsup:goes to Sthil. Performance wise, no way in the world can a MS362 beat a Husky 357xp, Remember both are new and stock. Just wanted to share this, don't want to start a debate here:laughing:
The good thing, dealer said if you dont like, you bring back, money garanteed.... so this leaves me to more shopping:drool:

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #2  
So you are saying you dont like the stihl???

Kinda suprising it wont out-cut the XP. It is a tad bigger CC wise and a tad more power. It is also a pound heavier. Is that noticable????

If you are still shopping, pay your dolmar dealer (if you have one) a visit and check out a 6400. It is a little bigger and tad more power than either of those, but it is also a pound heavier than the stihl. Good AV's though. Probabally cheaper too. And if you ever rebuild it, you have a 7900:thumbsup:

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #3  
Have owned a MS362 for about 1.5 years. It takes several tanks through this saw for it to start reaching it's potential as this is one of Stihl's strato saws. When I first bought it I was somewhat disappointed in its performance. After about 5-6 tanks through it started to show a different side. Saw now is quite a different saw than when new.

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362
Actually i like the Stihl, but not power wise, i was certain the husky would be no match for de MS362. Both saws run at around 13600-13800rpm with no load.
Sorry but only chainsaw dealer round here, are Stihl and Husky, and there's NO WAY im going back to that husky dealer, i'll probably juste buy a wee bit bigger saw.

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #5  
A "wee" bit bigger puts you to the 441. And for the money, and if you dont mind working on the saw yourself, I'd certainly consider the 7900. It will out-cut both the 441 and 460 and keep some green in your pocket.

I got mine (about 8 years ago now) off the internet due to no dealers at the time. Never once had I found myself needing the dealer. And even if you do need them for warranty reasons, if you are still handy working on them, most places that will ship a new saw, will also ship warranty parts if you ever did have an issue.

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #6  
Wow, that 16" bar sure looks stubby on those saws! I have a MS-261, also a strato saw, and can confirm that it takes a few tanks before it breaks in and starts kicking real butt -- more so than any other saw I have owned.

I was actually thinking about getting a 362 since I need to run a longer bar from time to time, and the 261 will only go up to a 20" bar. The 362 can go up to 25". I really like the specs on the 362. Money-wise, I really should just get the 441 M-tronic and be done with it, but it's way more saw than I need most of the time.

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #7  
When I stopped selling husky saws one of the three huskies that we had good luck with was the 357!

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #8  
Only mistake you made is buying a heavy strato 362 instead of the version it replaced 361. Loved 16's on mine too.

CopyofPartnerproject012.jpg

CopyofPartnerproject015.jpg

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #9  
They are both good saws, but the speed in the cut usually always goes to Husqvarna.

The 562xp replaced the 357xp and cuts even faster, smoother and uses less fuel.

BTW, I get more than 3 years out of my XP's in semi-commercial use. ;)

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #10  
Give the 362 15 to 20 tanks of fuel to break in and open the muffler up, it will make a huge difference. It sure did for mine

Steve