Husqy 435 Cutting "on a curve"

/ Husqy 435 Cutting "on a curve"
OK... Went to the "event" today, talked to the local Stihl rep and asked about the catalog and such. He told me in no uncertain terms that the indication in the catalog (he even verified that his printed versions had the same statement) is a typo. He told me that he can only order the saw from Stihl with an 18" bar, and stepping down to the 16" is a dealer option.

I grabbed the MS-250 and had the bar changed out with a 16. Also grabbed the 6-pack of oil to double the warranty (which is now "policy" - they do it on all new saws) and took a hardshell case at half price. Brought it home and ran it for a bit through some of the 6"-8" stuff I'm cutting, splitting, and stacking. It's clearly not as powerful as the 290, but it cuts quite nicely and is very light (especially after tossing the 290 around for a while). I believe it will serve me nicely and I'll never head off someplace to cut without having both saws with me.

The Husqy is officially up for sale to clear some space in the garage - it simply won't get used any more.

/ Husqy 435 Cutting "on a curve" #42  
As someone else said -- wow -- you buy a new saw instead of replacing the chain -- kinda like buying a new car because the gastank is empty :thumbsup::thumbsup: -- as a friend of mine says why would you do that? -- cause you can!!
I gotta try that approach with SWMBO next time I want a new toy:eek:

As someone else said -- wow -- you buy a new saw instead of replacing the chain -- kinda like buying a new car because the gastank is empty :thumbsup::thumbsup: -- as a friend of mine says why would you do that? -- cause you can!!
I gotta try that approach with SWMBO next time I want a new toy:eek:

LOL...

Honestly, I did it because the Husqy was used VERY little and ended up needing a new bar and [probably] a new chain. If it goes South that quickly with the way I'm using it, it isn't built for the use I'm going to throw its way. I'd rather part with it now and sell it to someone that will be happy with what it can do for them than to replace the chain, push it beyond its limits again, and end up essentially wrecking it.

Basically, I'd rather get *something* back for it now while it's still viable than to get *nothing* in the near future when it isn't. And, in both scenarios, end up buying another saw.

/ Husqy 435 Cutting "on a curve" #44  
G,Day meburdick.
If the saw is cutting to the left sharpen ONLY the cutters with the ENGINE/MOTOR on your left DONT sharpen the other side do this until she cuts dead straight.The bar will not guide a chain that is sharpened uneven as you have proved so keep sharpening the one side and you will see the saw start to cut dead straight I use a cheap belt grinderwith a fine belt, the one with the guide table this cleans up the bar better than the shop .
Dont forget to take the rakers down to 35 thou otherwise it wont make any difference sharpening the cutters if they are not allowed to cut .
Happy Days .
Hutch.

G,Day meburdick.
If the saw is cutting to the left sharpen ONLY the cutters with the ENGINE/MOTOR on your left DONT sharpen the other side do this until she cuts dead straight.The bar will not guide a chain that is sharpened uneven as you have proved so keep sharpening the one side and you will see the saw start to cut dead straight I use a cheap belt grinderwith a fine belt, the one with the guide table this cleans up the bar better than the shop .
Dont forget to take the rakers down to 35 thou otherwise it wont make any difference sharpening the cutters if they are not allowed to cut .
Happy Days .
Hutch.

Thanks, Hutch. I may spend a little time trying to shore it up this weekend as I'm selling it. And, obviously, the better it works the more likely someone is to buy it.