checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws

/ checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws #1  

edwardc

Tractor
Kubota b2910
Hi as per the registration process I am posting a thread, I'm also interested in good ideas for a chain saw scabbard for my tractor

/ checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws #3  
Welcome to TBN - here is what I put on my B21 - its some 1/2" plywood sandwich attached to the right side frame also a 1/2" thick steel. Simple but effective -now the saw doesnt need to ride in the bucket of the FEL or BH and is easy to access.

The hood clears the chain / ammo box without the saw in the bracket and the ammo box holds a 20' 3/8" chain and a shorter choker chain. The lift arms are clear the saw by about an 1" .

Carl

Attachments

• 2012 iPhone Pics 038.jpg
    2012 iPhone Pics 038.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 331
  • 2012 iPhone Pics 035.jpg
    2012 iPhone Pics 035.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 306
   / checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws
Thanks

/ checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws #5  
:welcome:I am sure you will find many good ideas for carrying your chainsaw some very gifted people on this site who come up with GREAT ways to get things done. Good luck.:thumbsup:

/ checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws #6  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws
Thanks Ken

/ checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws #8  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Chainsaws forum.

/ checking in/ tractor scabbards for chain saws #9  
I like your idea there , but on my JD 2520 it's pretty tight and the crossbar for the loader is angled.JD Chainsaw scabbord 001.JPG
My plan is to make a plate with the brackets bolting to the Rops mount.JD Chainsaw scabbord 004.JPGThat way it's easily accessable from the seated position-cutting down a branch or something like that.
I don't have any designs yet but I'll talk to my buddies at work, and you guys and see if we can come up with something. I have full access to welders , iron worker, cutting torch etc.
If you guys can come up with something that would work, I'll do the work on the prototype.