Another new saw

/ Another new saw #51  
a face cord is 16" x 4' x 8'
(3) face cord in a cord of wood.
Tom

/ Another new saw #53  
Don't know world wide, but here a cord is 16" x4x8, first time i've heard of a cord as 4x4x8,

The cord is a unit of measure of dry volume used in Canada and the United States to measure firewood and pulpwood. A cord is the amount of wood that, when "ranked and well stowed" (arranged so pieces are aligned, parallel, touching and compact), occupies a volume of 128 cubic feet (3.62 m[SUP]3[/SUP]).[SUP][1][/SUP] This corresponds to a well stacked woodpile 4 feet (122 cm) wide, 4 feet (122 cm) high, and 8 feet (244 cm) long; or any other arrangement of linear measurements that yields the same volume.

/ Another new saw
Well i guest i've learned something new today:thumbsup:

/ Another new saw #55  
you definetly have that right.
a small saw is great for clearing limbs and brush.
leave the big saws for the big work.
a little more power and a whole lot less vibration makes a huge difference on operator fatigue.
work smarter not harder.
that MS361 is a little heavy for my wife. I told her not to lift the saw all the time to save her back.
she pulls it out of the wood and slides it down the log to her next cut and pulls the trigger.
Let the weight of the saw do all the work.
after that she was using it all the time.
no need to lift and rev the saw before cutting.(that little extra power)
she is a "young farm girl" and a great helper.
Tom

/ Another new saw #56  
I hear different standards of measure for firewood almost daily here in Knoxville a rick / face cord / etc etc etc , and constantly see for sale ads of a cord of wood for $100.00 that they show a picture of a six foot bed truck and the wood thrown in ? to actually haul a cord in a 8 foot bed truck you would need a dually and the wood would have to be stacked 2 feet over the bed to even get close to a cord in it .I sold probably 15 cords last year and every time I delivered a full cord the buyer would say I don't need 2 cords , just goes to show most don't know what they should be getting or how bad they have been ripped off before !

/ Another new saw #57  
Oh ! by the way I use Echo saws cs-670 - cs-520 and cs-400 also have a Sthil limb pole saw and a Huskey pull behind 22 ton log splitter this group works good for me and I have not had any problems with any of them !

/ Another new saw #58  
Your right.
Approximately 2-1/4 face cord on my dooley.
Tom
2011 summer 003.jpg

/ Another new saw #59  
In my state a cord is 4x4x8. And it is illegal to sell firewood by any means other than a cord OR fraction of a cord UNLESS the wood is bundled like camp firewood.

So selling by the face, rick, rack, truckload, pile, etc is all illegal. If you happen to cut wood 16" in length, and want to sell it by the face, you have to list it as 1/3 of a cord.

/ Another new saw #60  
In my state a cord is 4x4x8. And it is illegal to sell firewood by any means other than a cord OR fraction of a cord UNLESS the wood is bundled like camp firewood.

So selling by the face, rick, rack, truckload, pile, etc is all illegal. If you happen to cut wood 16" in length, and want to sell it by the face, you have to list it as 1/3 of a cord.

Thats the way it should be everywhere ! I try to sell by the cord and I deliver it by trailer stacked and wrapped in 4x4x8 bundles , I lose untold sales to the low life thieves rippign people off telling them what they brought is a full cord !