Another new saw

/ Another new saw #61  
Thats the way it should be everywhere ! I try to sell by the cord and I deliver it by trailer stacked and wrapped in 4x4x8 bundles , I lose untold sales to the low life thieves rippign people off telling them what they brought is a full cord !

I agree that is the way it should be. And the way the law is written in our state. But it still goes un-enforced unless someone files a clomplaint.

But in a whole, The system could certainly be better. I understand the reason for the way it is thogh. But there have been may times I have sold wood by measurments other than a cord. For example, how we stack wood in the barn, it isnt quite a full cord. Often times when people stop to inquire, I just point at a full row, and tell them its about 0.8 cord and it will be X amount of dollars. Technically its illegal, but they see IN PERSON the exact wood and amount they will get for said price.

But yea, the crooks on c-list, I see all the time at really low "per cord" prices, and know they are selling only face cords. And then the ones that sell "per truck load".:laughing: Okay, long bed, short bed? full-sized or ranger/s-10? Stacked or tossed? how high?

There is also a portion of the law that stipulates what the moisture content is allowed to be also. Cause too many of these guys are selling junk wood. Soft, green, or rotten.

The law is very well written, just un-enforced:mur:

/ Another new saw #62  
Don't know world wide, but here a cord is 16" x4x8, first time i've heard of a cord as 4x4x8,
Anyways, of all my saws i've had, new and used ones, my fav goes to the Husky 357xp and the Stihl MS261, can't really comment on Stihl, the're new to me.
Huskys : 137,41, 44 special,254xp, 61, 266, 262xp, 268, 365, 371, 357xp, 357xpg x2, 353, 435, 575xpg (POS), 576xpg autotune, 570 autotune.
Stihls : Ms170, Ms362, Ms441, Ms261
That's pretty much what i can remember for now:rolleyes:

The common measurement for a cord of wood is;4x4x8 or 2x4x16.

Attachments

• small_cord_of_wood.jpg
    small_cord_of_wood.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 4,076