Got a new XP346 today

/ Got a new XP346 today
I don't think he will as he does not have the software. Wonder if I can take it to any dealer for a new map update without paying outa pocket?

/ Got a new XP346 today #12  
Reports are very good with the new 550xp, more torque, wider power band, smoother, uses less fuel. And just a tiny bit lighter.;)

I've not heard of anyone having to plug one into a computer right out of the box. I have heard of one with a bad carb, but that was takin care of by the dealer.

Your dealer should go ahead and get the diagnostic tools, as more auto tune saws are coming. :)

/ Got a new XP346 today #13  
I know of several bad carbs pulled off at the dealers. They just dont post on that one site ;)

/ Got a new XP346 today #14  
What models were experiencing the bad carbs? Got a link to any threads on the subject?

Symptoms?

/ Got a new XP346 today #15  
You see link in my sig. Some of them are there and the carbs are being dissected to see why they are bad straight from the factory.

Dealer removes bad carbs and gets new carbs for warranty. We are lucky enough that one of our mods is into the autotunes and tearing them apart to see what is going wrong with bad carbs with video made working on them.

/ Got a new XP346 today #16  
Thanks
I watched mweba's vids when shopping for my saw. Very imformative. Knows his way around these saws for sure.

The only thread I came across on carb issues was the one on the Swedish chainsaw site where they were swapping carbs. A quick glance at your site and I couldnt find anything. Ill go back and look later when I have some time.

/ Got a new XP346 today
I don't thinkI'll be changing my mind, pretty set on the 550. Husky always had a pretty good hand on the final quality. I am sure some bad apples slip by, but for the amount of saws they move, I would say the quality is very high compared to many. If there was anything I would wish for, it would be a little longer warrenty period, but then again, between my 232L wacker, pole saw, and 51, I have never had to use the warrenty.
Anyone know if the chain is interchangable between the 346 and 550?

/ Got a new XP346 today #18  
The chain is interchangeable as long as the pitch and gauge are the same.

Likely both saw come with .325 pitch and .058 gauge.