What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods.

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods. #1  

JOE G

Gold Member
Tractor
Husqvarna / John Deere
Had quite a few trees come down from Sandy, A Mixture of Soft and hard woods, I left the 450 and the 009 in the barn and took the 562 XP and the 55 with me, Well I have never ran them side by side for this amount of time.

The 55 Started easier though out the day usually popping off on the first pull, but it was much slower revving and felt like a toy when cutting compared to the 562 which cut felt angry at the wood when cutting the 562 had a 20 In bar and RSC and the 55 has 18 bar with RSC, both are running .058-3/8. I knew there would be a difference but never noticed it as much as I did today ( this is the most I have run the 562 XP I did drop ten trees with it when clearing spot for new shop but i was running it along side a 70 CC Stihl )

Now I was not expecting it to be close and didn't even take them out to compare them but I could not help but notice the difference and I do not know how I got by before the 562 XP.

Now I must admit that the 55 did have to save the 562 twice due to me getting it pinched.

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods. #2  
Also tell everyone the 562 is woods ported and the 55 was stock so they know. Still wouldnt be a comparison stock to stock though.

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods.
Didn't go out to compare took the 55 along to give it some run time and have it as a back up ( always bring a couple saws when I go out ) I used to think that the 55 Was a strong saw and didn't think there could be that much of a difference between XP Model saws and the home owner models, SO I never bothered to spend the extra money on the Pro saws, But I don't think ill ever buy anything but the pro saws now, they are so much easier to use and make the job much easier and quicker.

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods. #4  
I discovered the XP saws about 12 years ago.

Wish I'd of known about them 10 years before that. :D

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods. #5  
Yep, no comparison to modern pro saws. They are just sheer awesom:thumbsup:

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods. #6  
Hey LD1, off toppic here, but is a Makita DCS 6421 made by Dolmar, Is it a good saw?
Your sig. looks like your the guy to ask. I've been a Stihl guy since......... the beginning and my current go to (favorite) saw is my old 044, although it is working strong, I'm considering a little smaller saw to replace my old kinda tired 041. Thay both are over 20 yrs. old! Bailey's has had this Makita on sale forever for about $600, and everything I read says that this is a good (commercial) saw and a whole lot less $$$ than a similar cc comercial Stihl.

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods. #7  
Yes it is made by dolmar. Thats what DCS stands for, Dolmar Chain Saw. (actually, I think makita is the one that owns dolmar.) but regardless, they are one in the same.

The 6400 series is a good saw. But it is a tad overweight compaired to other 60cc saws like the ms362 and the 562xp. But that is because it is built on the dolmar 7900 platform.

I am not terribly familiar with the 6421 model, but IIRC, it has the cat muffler which ads some weight and alot of cost. The old 6401 models at baileys were only $499. If I were in your shoes, and serious about shopping, I'd see if you have any dolmar dealers in your area and pay them a visit. You might be able to get a 6400 for less than baileys. Or you may decide to spend a tad more and go ahead and get the 7900:D Which is the same weight, same feel, WAY more power.

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods. #8  
Thanks LD1, I do have a Dolmar guy nearby. I'm looking to save weight and money, but being spoiled by the power of my 70 some cc 044, I'm starting to wonder saw to look at.

/ What A difference between the 562 XP and the Rancher 55 spent the day in the woods. #9  
Well, if its in your budget, definatally look at the 7900. Same weight (same platform) as the 6400, but more power than the 044 you are accustomed to.