Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Red Clay Country, GA & Mississippi Prarie
    Tractor
    JD 2210

Default Re: Homelite super XL

The one with tape on handle looks like mine. I just picked it up from having chain sharpened and I think the guy stripped out the bar tightening nut... I usually do most of my own work on it, but I like the chains they make at this shop. I guess I'll have to figure a way to re-do the bolt. I understand the limited funds part.
    "He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive". Dirt, it's nothing but dirt, I tell ye...
    "I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major Jim
    "I wouldn't want to be within 400 or 500 yards of one of them newfangled nuclear bombs when it went off!" WW1 Vet...

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

maclawn- I had that problem before too- I just used another bolt that is a stove bolt since the threads fit the locknut. However its frustrating to use since the slot head clogs easily and slips when tightening. I ended up getting a replacement from ebay with the bar slider as well. The bar slider was much better then the old one too.

Red Clay Country, GA & Mississippi Prarie
    Tractor
    JD 2210

eBay for a replacement bolt, eh? Man, you can find anything on eBay I guess! I'll have to check that out; thanks.
    "He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive". Dirt, it's nothing but dirt, I tell ye...
    "I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major Jim
    "I wouldn't want to be within 400 or 500 yards of one of them newfangled nuclear bombs when it went off!" WW1 Vet...

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by MacLawn View Post
    eBay for a replacement bolt, eh? Man, you can find anything on eBay I guess! I'll have to check that out; thanks.
    Homelite A 00440 Chain Adjuster XL XL2 Super 2 VI Su | eBay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12