chainsaw quits

/ chainsaw quits #11  
Can you get any pics of the piston with the muffler off??

If it is indeed the issue, with it being a MS290, if it isnt under warranty, it probabally aint worth fixing. But you might get lucky, if the cylinder isnt hurt and it just needs a piston and ring, it might be worth fixing IF you can do it yourself. A piston and ring kit is usually around $50. But if you need the cylinder, it goes north of $100 quickly for a good one.

/ chainsaw quits #12  
I took the muffler off, i think the piston looks o k, but the crankshaft does make a full revolution. The piston moves up and down, but at a certain point it locks up. I believe its had it. Again thanks to all you guys for your help,

WAG time. Did your coil come loose and hitting flywheel? I fixed one the other day that did this.

/ chainsaw quits #13  
Take the new plug you said you installed out and see if the engine will rotate. Sounds like you put a plug with too long of a reach or tip in the saw. You could also have a large piece of carbon that has broken loose and is now jamming against the top of the piston. If the engine will rotate take the old plug with you and buy a new one. Remove the filter and squirt a small tablespoon of gas through the throat of the carb directly into the combustion chamber and immediatley try to start. Also place a paper towel on the muffler and see id you can blow through it. A clogged muffler will prevent the engine from starting or running. Also most two strokes want a muffler installed before they will start and run.

/ chainsaw quits
The coil is attached good. I took the plug out and the flywheel only rotates about 180 degrees. The piston moves freely up and down. I believe the crankshaft has a bad bearing.

/ chainsaw quits #15  
Is their any signs of the coil coming into contact with the flywheel?

/ chainsaw quits
No the flywheel and the coil have the right spacing between them.

/ chainsaw quits #17  
Sounds to me like its time for an exploratory tear-down:thumbsup:

/ chainsaw quits #18  
CONNECTION ROD BOLTS COM LOOSE IT HAPPENED TO ME ON A SMALL HUSQVARNA