redmax chainsaw

/ redmax chainsaw #1  

LarJea

Silver Member
Tractor
farmall h and Kubota B2601
HI;I am having problems trying to start my redmax g3100t chainsaw.I was told its probably the carburator diaphram... anyway does the whole plastic housing have to come off to get to the carburator? thanks

/ redmax chainsaw #2  
Not familiar with that model, but lets start with a little more info.

What are the symptoms? What is the background? How old is the saw? Has it set for awhile and the gas gone stale?

Does it try to start? Are you getting spark (good blue hot spark and not orange) at the plug? Is the plug wet?

/ redmax chainsaw #3  
I wasnt familiar with that model either g3100t . Looked it up and its a little top handle.

Get yourself a IPL and or Service manual. All you need to do it yourself the first time.

/ redmax chainsaw
Thanks for the reply.Symptoms are:Will start and run... throttle open/choke on, but rough...choke off,it runs fine for a couple seconds then dies out.I bought this saw 4 years ago to carry in my jeep through the winter so I can get out of here.I generally start it up every 2 months or so.Spark and plugs are fine. Its a small tree trimming saw-30 cu.I just didn't want to take a bunch of things off that wasn't necessary.

/ redmax chainsaw
I wasnt familiar with that model either g3100t . Looked it up and its a little top handle.

Get yourself a IPL and or Service manual. All you need to do it yourself the first time.

Don't know how to reply with quote for sure..... so here goes. Not sure what a IPL is Do I need to go through redmax to get a service manual? any other source?

/ redmax chainsaw #6  
Not sure how to get it out, but I would just do a basic carb rebuild. And while you are at it, I would replace the fuel lines. Ethanol is a B**ch on fuel lines. All told with a carb rebuild and some new fuel hose should only run you $25-$30 tops and should cure all the fuel issues.

An IPL is an illustrated parts list. They are basically blown up expanded pictures of all the parts and how they go together.

/ redmax chainsaw
Yeah,thats what I want do is rebuild the carburator and I will check the fuel lines.I got a free service manual for my Stihl 034 off the internet but haven't been able to find one for the redmax.

/ redmax chainsaw #8  
   / redmax chainsaw
Thanks xyz123 I'll check em out.

/ redmax chainsaw