Which brand saw?

/ Which brand saw? #11  
Hard to beat the Husky XP (pro) saws.... 346xp as mentioned, the new 550xp or step up to the larger 562xp as I just did. The xp's are absolutely no comparison to the regular Huskys, more powerful, faster and lighter for a given horsepower. And even more so when compared to the box store Poulains. You wont have any regrets buying a XP saw (other than in your wallet)

/ Which brand saw? #12  
I've got a Stihl saw and a kombi blower/trimmer thing. Love them both. Some people bad mouth the quick caps but I haven't had any issues with them. My dad ran a husky for a long time and it was a good saw but sense I've started seeing them pop up in box stores and making dirt bikes I'm shying away from their products.

/ Which brand saw? #13  
Poulan used to make great saws, but went to the cheap consumer market some years back.

I went with Husqvarna XP pro saws 12 years ago in semi commercial use here. The first one a 346xp is still goin strong. Actually a 346xp would be a fine saw for your use, small, light, fast and strong.

Nah, I'd say go with the new 550XP instead! Or maybe a 562XP for something a little bigger.

/ Which brand saw? #14  
I've got a Stihl saw and a kombi blower/trimmer thing. Love them both. Some people bad mouth the quick caps but I haven't had any issues with them. My dad ran a husky for a long time and it was a good saw but sense I've started seeing them pop up in box stores and making dirt bikes I'm shying away from their products.

Started seeing Husky make dirt bikes? What back in 1972? There were no box stores that I knew of back in 1972 unless you considered Sears, JC Penneys and other retailers. Early 70's was the first I heard of Husky. Husky was making bikes back in the early 1900's but maybe not the same division that made chain saws. ;-) I had a Sears Poulan that worked ok but I had a temper tantrum when it did not work one day. I got a homeowners Stihl 210 which is adequate for my random and occasional use. I don't do firewood but just clear brush and trees sometimes and sometimes trim fence posts. Of course if you are doing firewood you want something not occasional use rated I would guess.

/ Which brand saw? #15  
I just replaced my stihl 024av, 25 yrs.u old with a new stihl consumer saw. I can't remember the number now and am not home to look. I just trim and cleanup windfalls now,not firewood any more. I think that this saw should last another 25 yrs. The old saw needs a carb and they are obsolete. One evening this winter I may try a rebuild kit if I get time.
Cam

/ Which brand saw? #16  
STIHL!!
I used to do a small firewood business. We started out with 2 saws. 1 was a husky rancher 550. And the other was a stihl farmboss. After the first 20 coards the husky was getting repaired at the saw shop. While that was down for a week i went out and bought a stihl ms 390. Im still running that stihl today. Not for the firewood venture. But on occasion. We got the husky back and ran it for about a month and decided to put it out of its misery by running it over with the Hough loader. Best thing to ever happen to that saw...lol

/ Which brand saw? #17  
Husky motorcycles are made by BMW, not Husqvarna. I like orange saws; Dolmar, Husky, and Stihl. My 5105 Dolmar is the hotrod of the group and the current favorite.

/ Which brand saw? #18  
I think s219 nailed it. Myself I would lean towards the Husky's myself. Depending on how big these fence post are you don't need a long bar to swing around and run the risk of getting injured even easier. Buy yourself some chainsaw chaps or pants along with a good helmet with screen and earmuffs. It doesn't matter what flavor of saw you are running they will all chew you up easily...

/ Which brand saw? #19  
I used to buy only Stihl pro models. Stihl went to those stupid gas/oil flippy caps which I hated. The saw kept burning up bars, too. I bought my first Husqavarna last year and I'm loving it.

/ Which brand saw? #20  
Consider several different bar lengths, a 12 inch and an 18 inch. For the chains/bars get some advice at the store you buy the saw at and will take it to for servicing, parts etc.

With bars and chains there are a lot of different options, especially with chains.:D

Don't know about your safety items but take note of them also.:thumbsup: