Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #1  

Fixemall

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4510
I have been searching for something really cheap in the 40cc range to leave on the tractor for occasional use, my E-Bay search turned up the $119.00 Sears Earthquakes being sold "as is" for $40-50 delivered so I figured why not, I know they are cheap China saws but I would never leave one of my good saws to the perils of tractor life. The saw arrived in good shape and cuts well, I'm thinking of ordering another to tuck in the truck for emergency/loaner purposes. Thought I would share with you guys who are looking to have something like this that would be cheap and useable in a pinch and would not be a major issue if it got stolen or run over.

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #2  
Earthquake cs3816 for $35 shipped, arrived yesterday and they're now $40 shipped. Mine is spotless and no sign of being used, came in original box with tool, file, bar cover, and manual. Can't lose much on that deal, bar and chain is worth that much.

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #3  
just don't leave gas in them and you might get a reasonable amount of use out of them. If you are feeling brave open up the exhaust a little bit.

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #4  
now that's a good deal for a lightweight saw. I had to laugh, I googled the model number and got this genius's remark:
I think he should have waited, seems the price dropped in half, again. Looks like some still out there peddled at a hundred bucks. You guys did very well.

Yo doggs I was all up in Sears and I saw deez on clearance for 69.97 reg price wuz 140 or somthin and it be 120 online. Pretty good deal if you's lookin fo a chain saw. Holla atcha boy.

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #5  
I bought a Husqvarna 235 (got it cheap) to get those pesky limbs out of my way.Always gassed and ready to go.

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #6  
Don't expect the Earthquake to last very long, But they sure are cheap. :D

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #7  
Go to auctions & estate sales and get a good saw cheap

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #8  
My idea is if you buy a new cheep saw you will prob. want to run over it soon.

/ Real cheap Chainsaw to leave in Tractor #9  
Go to auctions & estate sales and get a good saw cheap

I agree. But I am curious if this remarkably inexpensive saw actually holds up. hope the OP gives us an update
once in awhile.
I went into the local CraigsList and searched chain saws in lawn and garden. Lots of choices there.
Sure wish chain saws came with hour meters built in.