New sthil saw!

/ New sthil saw! #21  
Along with some other Stihl stuff, I have a MS 192T and my wife has a MS 192 C-E. Hers has the easy2start system and the difference in starting ease is stunning.

I don't know - on little saws like that (or on some other Stihl equipment like blowers), even a child can start the saw, and it seems like dragging the extra weight of the easy start system around all the time isn't worth it. On the larger engines, they do make a noticeable difference in ease of starting, and don't add as much weight percentagewise.

/ New sthil saw! #22  
My wife would disagree with you on the worth of the starting system and also not be so impressed with your inability to carry an additional 1/2 pound. Unless, you've actually pull started both, why didn't you just stick with the first three words of your post and leave it at that?

/ New sthil saw! #23  
I worked on a easy start 250. Great idea for those that need such.

/ New sthil saw! #24  
The 85 year old guy that I got my 360 from sold it so he could go buy a Stihl easy start model. That 360 even with the compression release depressed id a bit to pull if you are weak. I have a new like old 021 and my dad's very old and worn 011 and both show need a good follow through pull for sure to not jerk. :)

Have to say while it is not an easy start the 360 is the first professional grade saw I have used it and I love it.

Does Stihl have the easy start on higher end line trimmers?

/ New sthil saw! #26  
   / New sthil saw! #27  
   / New sthil saw! #28  
Pro saws have a decompression release. And elasto start handle. The elasto start handle. Decomp valve has a big impact on my the 660. never use it on my 361 so I'm not sure

Dave

I am no longer the big jerk I used to be so I have to use the compression release on the 360.

/ New sthil saw!
I still love the easy start. Heck if they come out with an electric start I'll get one. :)

/ New sthil saw! #30  
Stihl makes great products....I own their saws, blower, weed eater and edge trimmer. I abuse the heck out of all of them and they just continue to take it! Keep them tuned up and clean.....they last a long time. You can buy cheaper products but you get your money's worth with Stihl......