Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday #11  
Some of the old saws will out cut some of the same CC size new saws, but very few. The biggest advantage of the newer ones are lighter, smaller, better handling and better anti vibe.

Husqvarna 262xp might give your old Dollie a run for it's money. But the new 562xp will smoke any stock 60cc saw, new or old, IMO! :D

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday #12  
I've owned 262xp's that ran great and buyers of them loved them. But when I compered them to others in same cc range, they are just the norm to me. Way over rated with a cult like following. Which is good. :licking::D

I sale everyone that come through. Thats what I like about a 262 :laughing:

Me and another guy were bucking firewood one day with my like new 62cc 262xp and my like new 60cc 3750 poulan. We both like the feel and in the cut of the 3750 better. The 262 had just a hair more torque but not much.

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday #13  
No way would a 262 give the 60cc dolmar I run a sniff. JMO.

Kev20101670.jpg

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday #14  
Not to hijack this thread, but I'm looking for a new saw... the 372xp was always a favorite of mine... how does the 562xp compare?

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday #15  
I actually know a logger friend right now using a 562 over the 372 because of the weight and dropping smaller trees.

Still no replacement for displacement if running longer bars and bigger trees IMO. 562 59cc 372 71cc

If your just using in the firewood cutting setting. Why not the 562.

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday #16  
I've owned 262xp's that ran great and buyers of them loved them. But when I compered them to others in same cc range, they are just the norm to me. Way over rated with a cult like following. Which is good. :licking::D

I sale everyone that come through. Thats what I like about a 262 :laughing:

Me and another guy were bucking firewood one day with my like new 62cc 262xp and my like new 60cc 3750 poulan. We both like the feel and in the cut of the 3750 better. The 262 had just a hair more torque but not much.
I've never owned a 262xp, have run a couple, but they were pretty worn out. Just goin by it's rep and I said it might run with the Dolmar. I have heard others say they weren't too impressed. It is very light for a 62cc saw though. ;) Old Poulans are great saws! I have a 245 and a 3400. Still running and no problems, ever!

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm looking for a new saw... the 372xp was always a favorite of mine... how does the 562xp compare?
I have both and wouldd much rather run a 562xp than a 372xp! Noticeably lighter and smaller, with the power very close. Wood under 20" the cuttin speed about the same, the 372 pulls ahead in larger wood, as it should.

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday
No way would a 262 give the 60cc dolmar I run a sniff. JMO.

HAve you ran a 562xp?? Cause I havent. Would love to though, since it is spoken so highly of. IF you have ran one, (weight and balance aside) how would it compare with a 116si/6000i??

Honestly, There isnt even a whole lot of difference between the 116si and a 7900IMO. Until you get into 20"+ wood that is. But an average large log of say 16" or so, Its pretty close. The 116si is just that awesome. But what can I say...I like my dolmars:thumbsup: Heavy or not.

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday #18  
Years ago I had the cylinder wall get scorched in my 357xp. Not wanting to spend nearly as much as I paid for the saw on a new jug and piston I bout an aftermarket kit for under $100. It was a copy of the 359, not the 357xp. The amount of power loss was amazing. I had to retune the carb just to get it to run correctly. It became just another display saw sitting on the shelf collecting dust until I found a replacement 357xp jug and piston. Once changed the power came back and the saw gets use again.

/ Got a chance to run a 359 yesterday #19  
Years ago I had the cylinder wall get scorched in my 357xp. Not wanting to spend nearly as much as I paid for the saw on a new jug and piston I bout an aftermarket kit for under $100. It was a copy of the 359, not the 357xp. The amount of power loss was amazing. I had to retune the carb just to get it to run correctly. It became just another display saw sitting on the shelf collecting dust until I found a replacement 357xp jug and piston. Once changed the power came back and the saw gets use again.

The aftermarket kits are not even close to OEM in quality, or performance.