A New Stihl giving me trouble!

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #11  
I just bought the Farm Boss and I love it...but today when I would go to start it, it would kind've catch almost like it was seizing a little. I wonder is that ok, starting it and all with it being hot or would you guys say something is wrong? Thought I would ask the pros. Thanks in advance

Not entirely sure what you are trying to communicate but if it as DT86 is saying about that pull one experiences that seems to "lock up" the saw, this is entirely normal and happens on just about every chainsaw I've ever used which has been a bunch. Especially can be felt on saws without CR.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #12  
I just bought the Farm Boss and I love it...but today when I would go to start it, it would kind've catch almost like it was seizing a little. I wonder is that ok, starting it and all with it being hot or would you guys say something is wrong? Thought I would ask the pros. Thanks in advance

Mine does it. It feels like the pulling force required to start it is different from time to time. I think it has to do with where the piston is when you first start to pull the rope. If it's at a perfect position at the start of the compression stroke when you start to pull it can feel very diffierent than other times when it seems fairly easy to pull. Some saws resolve this with an automatic compression release, others with a stretchy rope of some sort. Anyway, if it's not normal it doesn't kill the saw because mine has been doing it since I got it a year and a half ago.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #13  
Mine does it. It feels like the pulling force required to start it is different from time to time. I think it has to do with where the piston is when you first start to pull the rope. If it's at a perfect position at the start of the compression stroke when you start to pull it can feel very diffierent than other times when it seems fairly easy to pull. Some saws resolve this with an automatic compression release, others with a stretchy rope of some sort. Anyway, if it's not normal it doesn't kill the saw because mine has been doing it since I got it a year and a half ago.
I just bought a new Echo CS341 from one of the online stores and saved a bundle on it.
But it was hard to pull, I liked to have given up on it.
With one replacement shoulder and the other in bad shape. I finally set the brake put it between my legs and got with it. It worked but not before I sprayed some Deep Creep in the plug hole.
I learned this trick with a old 090 STIHL it makes life worth living again.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #14  
I used my Farm Boss a little bit yesterday and I think I felt a little of the catch the OP was worried about. I've always attributed that to maximum compression. I had an old buddy who used a big Stihl to rip the wood for building his house. He used to talk about the getting a welt on his hand from the starter rope's grab. This might have been the same thing on a greater scale.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble!
Yep I think you guys are right its just the compression. Thanks.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #16  
If it makes you feel better my Husqvarna does the same thing. Compression is the culprit but you have to have it if it doesn't have a decompression valve.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #17  
I think the others are correct. I suggest you try starting and ms660 or ms880 without using decomp valve a few times :) they like to fight back. The bigger the displacement the harder they start.

Dave

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #18  
Agreed on starting the big saws and no compression release. Starting the Husky 2100 has yanked the pull cord a few times out of my fingers.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #19  
Agreed on starting the big saws and no compression release. Starting the Husky 2100 has yanked the pull cord a few times out of my fingers.
Same here hate to say it but i punched my self in the lower jaw once. I'll blame it on having insulated leather gloves on at the time :D

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble!
That's funny I could so see that happening on a big saw

Same here hate to say it but i punched my self in the lower jaw once. I'll blame it on having insulated leather gloves on at the time :D