A New Stihl giving me trouble!

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #1  

Douglas733

Tractor
Ford 9N, Ford 640, Stihl Farm Boss,
I just bought the Farm Boss and I love it...but today when I would go to start it, it would kind've catch almost like it was seizing a little. I wonder is that ok, starting it and all with it being hot or would you guys say something is wrong? Thought I would ask the pros. Thanks in advance

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #2  
Without being there to try it myself I would say that's just the top of the compression stroke that you are feeling.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble!
and that is Ok to feel that at times?

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #4  
Do you feel this when you are pulling the rope or when it's running?

If you feel it when you are pulling the rope then I'd say yes. I have a 3-4 year old Farm Boss that I bought new and you can definitely feel the top of the compression stroke when starting the saw.

No sir...never when its running only when I am pulling to start.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #6  
I'd say that's normal. A few times I've not had a good grip on the little plastic handle and it's pulled through my fingers when it hits like that. It doesn't feel good either.

BTW... The Farm Boss is a great little saw. It's the only saw I own and hasn't let me down yet.

I am in love with it...I had a smaller stihl that I bought at a pawnshop and it killed out on me...So the replacement has come.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #8  
My Farm Boss suits me OK until I have to carry it a long way to cut a tree off of a fence. It gets heavy fast and I wish I was lugging the Poulan.

What kind of Poulan do you have it would need to be something special for me to want one. light to carry but also a little light on muscle when you get there.

/ A New Stihl giving me trouble! #10  
I have a new Wild Thing that I've only used once. I don't know how long it'll last and I haven't weighed the two saws but, the Wild Thing doesn't seem nearly as heavy.