Question on an old Stihl

/ Question on an old Stihl #1  

BlackRaptor

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
Figured this called for a new thread.
I have a Stihl 010AV white body my dad got back in oh i'm guessing 91 92. The trigger is broken on it and it had little or no use very few working hours on it.
Anyone know anything about this model? CC and what not? Trying to decide if its worth investing the money into getting it fixed up again with a new trigger chain plug filter and a tune up. its beed sitting for 10+ years now so i'm sure the carb is a complete mess. Figured 16" bar might make a really slick trim saw.
Thanks guys.
Attached a picture of what the saw looks like but that picture is not of mine.

Attachments

• orginal_8117.jpg
    orginal_8117.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,781
   / Question on an old Stihl #2  
Can not picture the broken trigger. Usually there is a spring that might break or linkage that comes off going to the carb. The saw is not big enough to carry a 16inch bar in hardwood. Take it apart and see what makes it tick. Go online and price a carb kit .fuel filter and fuel line. You will have a smile on your face when it pops off and starts running.

/ Question on an old Stihl
Thanks for the info. Maybe its not a 16" bar on it but it looked longer than the 12" on the trim saw. Maybe it's a 14" if they make such an animal.

/ Question on an old Stihl #4  
Im a bit late to the thread, but I see you never got your questions answered.

Model Profile: 010 AV

Saw is 37cc and 1.5HP

Small, light, but weak and a cheaper saw. Fixing is up to you, but just know it will only be worth $100 max in cherry condition IMO. So if it needs $80 in repairs......

/ Question on an old Stihl #5  
Thanks for the info. Maybe its not a 16" bar on it but it looked longer than the 12" on the trim saw. Maybe it's a 14" if they make such an animal.

I'm with LD1, the saw won't be worth much fixed up. It also will not run a 14" bar even in softwood. It would be a very nice handy saw to use in pruning, etc. and I'd like to have one that size.

Harry K