Tractor
    1946 cockshutt 60

Default New saw

Well about 10 minutes ago I got back from picking up my ideal saw. A 1992 stihl 034, with new jug and piston 4 years ago. Started up on the 3rd pull, and I fell in love. It was used as a back up saw by a professional firewood cutter, but it hasn't been used much the last few years. A little haggling and I got it for $250, from what I have seen that's a pretty good price for one of these. Here are a few pictures.
    New saw-img_00000002-jpgNew saw-img_00000025-jpgNew saw-img_00000028-jpg
    Once my wallet recovers, I will keep looking for the late model husky 2100cd I am longing for. Luckily in my area the market is flooded with big felling saws, and prices are low.
    Never carry gasoline in your car trunk. If you do, atleast use some sort of container.
    -red green

Tractor
    Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew

Default Re: New saw

Nice looking saw,seems to me you got a good deal, makes my ms 210 look like a pocket saw! LUTT

Tractor
    1946 cockshutt 60

Its about 59cc, 4.1 hp. Running a 20 inch bar, with a full skip forestry chain, no lo-kickback chain here. Hopefully going to do some cutting in a few days.
    Never carry gasoline in your car trunk. If you do, atleast use some sort of container.
    -red green

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240HST

Great saw deal, imho. I have one I bought new from the early '80s and it's still running strong. Parts are getting scarce - I've had to replace the air filter screen several times, and they are hard to find in my neck of the woods.
    If only I'd known then what I know now...except none of this existed back then.