Vintage stihl restoration

/ Vintage stihl restoration #1  

deereman75

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 2120, Warner & Swasey 6000# offroad forklift, Case W9B loader, various non-running decorations
IMG_00000029.jpgIMG_00000030.jpgIMG_00000031.jpgIMG_00000032.jpgIMG_00000033.jpgWell I have finally finished restoring my old stihl 08s. I was able to salvage both piston and jug, the scoring was light enough that it turns over easy, and has compression, so it was suggested by my father to just leave it. He has fixed enough old machines that I am trusting him on this one. I havent test ran it yet, it was 7:30 pm when I finished, and the neighbours hate me enough already. Bonus points to anyone who can spot my stupid mistake, I am really surprised I did that.

/ Vintage stihl restoration #2  
It appears the chain is backwards. Been there, done that.

/ Vintage stihl restoration #3  
Looks nice! Have wondered how those saws were to use.

I see what you did too :D I wont tell though :D Edit: someone posted same time as me and gave it away... :D

/ Vintage stihl restoration
yep you both got it. This is about the worlds hardest saw to install the bar on, and in my fighting with it, i guess i managed to flip it. I am hopeing to get a new chain this weekend. chains wear out after a number of sharpenings, and this chains number was about 5 sharpenings ago. I just hope it starts....