Which Chainsaw ?

/ Which Chainsaw ? #11  
Well, They call them xt x torque. I guess xtra torque ?

Yes, Husky has what they call the "X-Torq" system which it supposed to lubricate better and give more power and reduced emissions. More can be found on the system here: X-Torq

I think that just about all of Husky's current saws are "X-torq", even the low end 240. Now XP saws are a different animal, that's the professional range of saws. Lighter and higher performance.

/ Which Chainsaw ? #12  
Just concerned about the weight of the 372. I'm not young anymore :D What do you think about the 365xt 65cc

Well, there are lighter XP models to consider also. Lots of choices.

/ Which Chainsaw ? #13  
As others have said, look at something in between.

A 460 to 372xp is quite a jump. Not only in power/speed, but in price also.

Im not sure what your experience/skill level is, but a 372 is certainly not for a beginner who just wants the biggest and fastest. Its a serious saw.

And the weight difference is almost nil. And I'd be willing to wager a bet that a if you cut one cord of wood with the 460 and one cord with the 372, you will be less fatigued with the 372. Because allthough it is a "tad" heavier, it will be in your hands far less than the slower 460.

And it just wouldnt be "me" if I didnt say something like "take a look at dolmar if you have a dealer around":D

/ Which Chainsaw ? #14  
Just concerned about the weight of the 372. I'm not young anymore :D What do you think about the 365xt 65cc
The 365xt is actually 71cc and basically the same saw as a 372xp. Same weight, but with a bit less power.

I'm not young anymore either, that's why I love the 346xp and 562xp. Both light weight with very good power/speed. I cut 20 cords a year, log and thin 400 acres and the 346xp is used the most. 357xp and 562xp come out for wood over 20". My highly modified 75cc 365 Special rarely gets run.

I do not really want or need a saw as large as 372xp, but it's a great saw and a classic. The XP saws will have the best power to weight ratio. 555 is also an excellent saw, same as a 562xp, with a bit less power, but for less money... I wouldn't take a 460 for free, but would gladly pay for a 555, 357xp, 359, 562xp.

/ Which Chainsaw ? #15  
You also need to get to a dealer and handle some of these saws. Not a box store, but a real dealer...

Last edited:
   / Which Chainsaw ? #16  
The new 365 x torq is a 372 at 70.7cc with a divider in the transfer covers. Remove the divider and you got a 372xp in the $660 range

/ Which Chainsaw ?
Yes, Husky has what they call the "X-Torq" system which it supposed to lubricate better and give more power and reduced emissions. More can be found on the system here: X-Torq

I think that just about all of Husky's current saws are "X-torq", even the low end 240. Now XP saws are a different animal, that's the professional range of saws. Lighter and higher performance.

From what I read. The 365 xtorque is a pro saw.Is that not true ? Just asking,what would be the difference in xt and xp ,other than the xtra . hp/cc with the 372xp

/ Which Chainsaw ?
The new 365 x torq is a 372 at 70.7cc with a divider in the transfer covers. Remove the divider and you got a 372xp in the $660 range

Now if I knew how to do this.It would be great ! I have no idea what a divider or transfer cover is

/ Which Chainsaw ?
As others have said, look at something in between.

A 460 to 372xp is quite a jump. Not only in power/speed, but in price also.

Im not sure what your experience/skill level is, but a 372 is certainly not for a beginner who just wants the biggest and fastest. Its a serious saw.

And the weight difference is almost nil. And I'd be willing to wager a bet that a if you cut one cord of wood with the 460 and one cord with the 372, you will be less fatigued with the 372. Because allthough it is a "tad" heavier, it will be in your hands far less than the slower 460.

And it just wouldnt be "me" if I didnt say something like "take a look at dolmar if you have a dealer around":D

Thanks LD. I don't consider myself a beginner.I've been using chainsaws since a kid,I used my Dad's old homelite back when they made good saws.What I worry about with a saw to large is starting.Like I've said.I'm not a young lad anymore :( I checked & No dolmar dealers near me

/ Which Chainsaw ? #20  
From what I read. The 365 xtorque is a pro saw.Is that not true ? Just asking,what would be the difference in xt and xp ,other than the xtra . hp/cc with the 372xp

What I understand is that a 365XT is basically a detuned 372 "XT". Its a simple removal of a baffle to unrestrict the 365 and turn it into a 372. However that change doesn't make it a 372 XP because there are still several parts that the XP has that the XT is missing. That said a 365xt that is turned into a 372xt is probably 9/10ths a 372xp.

Is a 372 xt "pro" saw? Id say yes.

See the 365-372 comparison and how to do the conversion here: