Which Chainsaw ?

/ Which Chainsaw ?
anyone know about the 562 with auto tune 59 cc ? I just want a saw that will rin a 24" chain with power. This 53cc saw that I have will bog in a large tree with 20'' chain.Not good

/ Which Chainsaw ? #22  
What I understand is that a 365XT is basically a detuned 372 "XT". Its a simple removal of a baffle to unrestrict the 365 and turn it into a 372. However that change doesn't make it a 372 XP because there are still several parts that the XP has that the XT is missing. That said a 365xt that is turned into a 372xt is probably 9/10ths a 372xp.

Is a 372 xt "pro" saw? Id say yes.

Could you please share with us the differences in the 2 saws (besides what I spoke of) between the 365 XT and a 372xp XT? What is the several parts you mention, please tell.

/ Which Chainsaw ? #23  
anyone know about the 562 with auto tune 59 cc ? I just want a saw that will rin a 24" chain with power. This 53cc saw that I have will bog in a large tree with 20'' chain.Not good

I've already commented a couple times about the 562xp in this thread. But will say it is the most impressive stock saw I've ever run and I've run most of them. I love it!!! 562 will pull a 24" bar just fine, but I run a 20 on mine. If I were to run a 24" bar all the time I'd want a 372xp.

/ Which Chainsaw ?
I've already commented a couple times about the 562xp in this thread. But will say it is the most impressive stock saw I've ever run and I've run most of them. I love it!!! 562 will pull a 24" bar just fine, but I run a 20 on mine. If I were to run a 24" bar all the time I'd want a 372xp.

so, you would go with a 562 59 cc instead of the 365 70 cc. ? I'm going to check with dealer,but looking on the net, the 365 (more cc) is less 625.00 than the 562 59cc (less cc) 769.00.I can't figure that 1 out !

/ Which Chainsaw ? #25  
Now if I knew how to do this.It would be great ! I have no idea what a divider or transfer cover is

You do not have to if you do not want to. I have an old 372 and used a friends new 365. It cut just as well as mine. Personally, I think anyone buying a saw today is making a mistake overlooking new technology just to stay with tried and true. I worked in the middle of the transition when European saws were first inundating the market. All of my fellow loggers bad mouthed the new (then) technology of the lighter, faster European and Scandinavian saws and remained stead fast to the Homelites and McCullochs. Boy did I take a ribbing when i showed up on the landing with a new Husky (I think it was called the 180) but by the end of the day, everyone wanted a go with it. I think what is happening today with saws is the same thing. Try out the new Husky 550 or 562 first before you sink into a 372. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I will agree though that the husky 365 is a value leader in the Husky line up. The 460 isn't in the same time zone as the other saws mentioned.

/ Which Chainsaw ? #26  
so, you would go with a 562 59 cc instead of the 365 70 cc. ? I'm going to check with dealer,but looking on the net, the 365 (more cc) is less 625.00 than the 562 59cc (less cc) 769.00.I can't figure that 1 out !

Yes, I'd rather have a 562xp. But like I said earlier, I don't need a 70cc saw. I use a saw a lot and don't want to swing a heavy saw with 24" bar all day.

Price difference, the 562 is an XP and is lighter and has auto-tune. To me it's worth the higher price. Go to a dealer and put each saw in your hands, then buy the one that feels best to you. :)

/ Which Chainsaw ? #27  
Could you please share with us the differences in the 2 saws (besides what I spoke of) between the 365 XT and a 372xp XT? What is the several parts you mention, please tell.

What I UNDERSTAND the only difference between the 365 XT and the "372 XT " is the transfer cover. The 372 "XT" differs from the actual XP in cylinder design and other parts.

"Brad:
The crankcase,fuel tank,air filter assy,crankshaft, & clutch are the same, the rest of the saw is slightly different, with different part#'s. That should give everyone an idea the saws are not much different in weight. "

From here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/140403.htm

/ Which Chainsaw ? #28  
What I UNDERSTAND the only difference between the 365 XT and the "372 XT " is the transfer cover. The 372 "XT" differs from the actual XP in cylinder design and other parts.

"Brad:
The crankcase,fuel tank,air filter assy,crankshaft, & clutch are the same, the rest of the saw is slightly different, with different part#'s. That should give everyone an idea the saws are not much different in weight. "

From here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/140403.htm

Your talking about the OLD 372xp compared to the NEW 372xp XT there.

The NEW 365 XT and the NEW 372xp XT are same same except for divider in transfer covers.

/ Which Chainsaw ? #29  
Your talking about the OLD 372xp compared to the NEW 372xp XT there.

The NEW 365 XT and the NEW 372xp XT are same same except for divider in transfer covers.

Yeah, it looks that way. That thread was a couple years old and I didnt realize the update to the saw .

I read there is a slight difference between the 65 and 72 transfer covers other than the divider though. Does that make a performance difference? Probably not.

" What he said.. I have a set of covers from a 2172 on the bench and they are basically a thin cover, no restictions, whereas a cover from a 2166 (365xt) is much thicker and protrudes into the transfer ports quite a bit."
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/191635-3.htm

/ Which Chainsaw ? #30  
Yeah, it looks that way. That thread was a couple years old and I didnt realize the update to the saw .

I read there is a slight difference between the 65 and 72 transfer covers other than the divider though. Does that make a performance difference? Probably not.

" What he said.. I have a set of covers from a 2172 on the bench and they are basically a thin cover, no restictions, whereas a cover from a 2166 (365xt) is much thicker and protrudes into the transfer ports quite a bit."
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/191635-3.htm

and that is why you grind out the transfer cover on the 365 XT I have pics saved, you really need to see them? It proves what I have been saying all along.