Which Chainsaw ?

/ Which Chainsaw ?
The dealer (B- I got there) Said that he had his men put fuel in start and service the saw. Whatever that means. I started it when I got home (I assume it was cold).I pulled the choke out and pushed in the decomp. button and pulled .It tried to start (pop?) Decomp button is now out. I pushed in the choke,pulled again and it started right up.I'm ready to try it out,but it's dark now

/ Which Chainsaw ? #52  
Nice deal. I think you will like the 372 alot

/ Which Chainsaw ? #53  
The dealer (B- I got there) Said that he had his men put fuel in start and service the saw. Whatever that means. I started it when I got home (I assume it was cold).I pulled the choke out and pushed in the decomp. button and pulled .It tried to start (pop?) Decomp button is now out. I pushed in the choke,pulled again and it started right up.I'm ready to try it out,but it's dark now

When you get used to the saw you will be able to tell how many pulls hot or cold they take to start. Each one of mine I can tell when it will pop [try to start] and hit the choke quick enough so they will stay running when they are cold! I think every saw I have gotten lately is on the lean side, some so much so you have to pull the limiters to get them right. The EPA as always is screwing up even chainsaws. XYZ how have the 562's been doing for you? CJ

/ Which Chainsaw ? #54  
Just a heads up about using de-comp on the new 372Xp XT saws.

Per a dealer on my site on hard starting 372 XT's

Cold start: Do NOT use the deco. Not sure why, but I suspect this top mount deco drops the compression a little too much in addition to makeing that first "pop" harder to hear. Especially when the saw is new. People would come in with flooded saws that would really fog up the parking lot when we got them going. Part of the problem though was guys continuing to pull with the choke on waiting for that pop. One is a good friend of mine and fellow member on these sites. I watched him trying to start his 2172 and counted 20 pulls with the choke on before I yelled at him to stop. Every person that has had this issue has solved it simply by not using the deco.

Warm start: Carb is just not adjusted right, because this is not a problem I've seen with any of the saws we've sold. I suspect that it's a little too lean on the LO side. Every one of these things come out of the box too lean on both the Lo and HI. When setting up a saw I open them both at least 1/4 turn before even trying to start it, then adjust from there.

The Stihl MS361 had that identical problem. Easiest to flood saw I ever ran. I start it without the decomp and that first 'pop' is really only a "burble". Hard to notice unless one is used to it.

Harry K

/ Which Chainsaw ? #55  
Just a side thought Ken, please wear all your safety gear with the 372. It is the one saw that I have had the most kickbackes with hands down [I admit it is in my hands more than my other ones] But with that being said the power to weight and the RPM's the saw will turn they kick back HARD and FAST. Anyway be Carefull!!! You'll love the saw. CJ

/ Which Chainsaw ? #56  
XYZ how have the 562's been doing for you? CJ

I dont have a need for that saw class or own a 562. I like weight of 550 545 346 saws, then I try to skip up to higher 70pluscc saws for the next class.

I do know loggers using the 562 daily in work production and love them.

/ Which Chainsaw ?
Just a side thought Ken, please wear all your safety gear with the 372. It is the one saw that I have had the most kickbackes with hands down [I admit it is in my hands more than my other ones] But with that being said the power to weight and the RPM's the saw will turn they kick back HARD and FAST. Anyway be Carefull!!! You'll love the saw. CJ

thanks for the heads up about the saw kicking. I'm 55 and have used saws all my life,but, never 1 this big.It's good to hear from someone that know how big saws can / will react . When a body part comes in contact with a saw blade , It usally doesn't turn out very well

/ Which Chainsaw ? #58  
I dont have a need for that saw class or own a 562. I like weight of 550 545 346 saws, then I try to skip up to higher 70pluscc saws for the next class.

I do know loggers using the 562 daily in work production and love them.

Thanks, same reports I have been getting. Looks like a 562XPG will soon be home. CJ

/ Which Chainsaw ? #59  
thanks for the heads up about the saw kicking. I'm 55 and have used saws all my life,but, never 1 this big.It's good to hear from someone that know how big saws can / will react . When a body part comes in contact with a saw blade , It usally doesn't turn out very well

I have sold my last 3 272/372's to friends and they all got the lecture on kickback. So far they have only got 1 person. My bigger saws seem to kick straight back [like with a top pinch] but I don't know if it is the balance of the saw or handle location on the 372 but with a 20" bar they tend to kick up. But even with that they are still my faviorite saw. Maybe the 562 will change that being I am getting older! CJ

/ Which Chainsaw ?
Got to use the saw today on about a 35-40'' tree that fell several months back. I can say that, this saw loves to eat trees.Went through this tree like a butter knife through hot butter ! This things really throws out the shavings.I've never had anything eat through a tree like this.I'm amazed to say the least ! I was concerned about the weight of the saw and, thought I would give out/tired after using it.LD1 was right when he said, The saw would be in my hands less time vs using a lighter less powerfull saw.

This is an ALESOME SAW!!