Which Stihl for me?

/ Which Stihl for me? #51  
You'll love that 261 -- it's a great saw.

/ Which Stihl for me? #52  
I believe the 261 is the best saw on the market. Of course I am an unashamed Stihl man.

/ Which Stihl for me?
Well it took me longer than I originally thought but I picked up my new saw today. I chose a Stihl MS261 with a 16" bar. In the future I'll pick up a 20" bar and chain in case I ever need it but for now the 16" will be fine. It is supposed to rain for the next couple days so hopefully Monday I can get out and give it a work out. Here is a pic for those interested. Thanks for the help in deciding.

Attachments

• image-2207211653.jpg
    image-2207211653.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 204
   / Which Stihl for me? #54  
Well it took me longer than I originally thought but I picked up my new saw today. I chose a Stihl MS261 with a 16" bar. In the future I'll pick up a 20" bar and chain in case I ever need it but for now the 16" will be fine. It is supposed to rain for the next couple days so hopefully Monday I can get out and give it a work out. Here is a pic for those interested. Thanks for the help in deciding.
i love new saws:)!!

/ Which Stihl for me?
Yeah me too. It's funny how small the 16" bar looks on it after being used to a 20".

/ Which Stihl for me? #56  
I just picked up a Echo CS-590-20 today, 60.00 rebate brought it down to 389.00

/ Which Stihl for me? #59  
Yeah me too. It's funny how small the 16" bar looks on it after being used to a 20".

I have both a 16 and 20" bar for my MS261. I never thought that I would have the 20" on it much but it handles it much better than I expected. I really like the 261.

/ Which Stihl for me? #60  
I chose a Stihl MS261 with a 16" bar. In the future I'll pick up a 20" bar and chain in case I ever need it but for now the 16" will be fine.

Good choice. I have 20" and 16" bars for my MS261 and both handle very well. Maybe I'm crazy, but I needed another chainsaw last week and I ended up buying a second MS261. I thought hard about getting the larger 361, but almost everything I cut can be handled by the 261, and most of it is smaller stuff with a lot of branches. I went with the 261 because I prefer using a smaller/lighter saw and because I could use the same bars, chains, and files on the two saws. The bars and chains for the 361 are different.