Good old chainsaws wanted

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #21  
I had a 4000. Nice saws...........

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #22  
I had a 4000. Nice saws...........

That saw has rings that are only 0.65mm thick. Thinnest I have ever seen.

I was surprised to see no chain brake on a saw made this recently (1987). Is that
common, in your experience? Most saws I see going back to the very early 80s had
chain brakes.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #23  
I've got a couple that I keep wanting to put on Craig's list for free but never got around to it. I thought the might look cool on the walls of my garage but with all the stuff I have hanging up already you wouldn't notice the saws.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted
Well, iv been rebuilding my hit and miss engines, not to mention some major equipment issues. So no chainsaws for a while for me

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #25  
Hey guys if anybody has any old homelite, poulan, or husky saws for sale please PM me, looking for old saws with or with out bow bars, running or may need work, one I'm really looking for are homelite c72, and bigger, large size poulan a or mccoulough saws too, thanks!!

hi have a homelite c52 in perfect working order if you would be interested thanks.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #26  

I was surprised to see no chain brake on a saw made this recently (1987). Is that
common, in your experience? Most saws I see going back to the very early 80s had
chain brakes.
I have a Poulan 3400 that has no chain brake, bought new in 1988. Just sold a good running 245A w/no brake. These old Poulans are great saws, but I no longer use them...

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #27  

chain brakes.

I think I had some poulans dated 90's to early 200? with only hand guards. Would have to check some to make sure.

2 sets of NOS poulan 4000 rings.

p4000thinrings 002.JPG

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #28  
Sold my Poulan 4000 to a friend last fall. After using it for a few hours, it died.

Turns out, the spark plug insulator failed, and pieces of the ceramic broke off
inside the cylinder. I never had this happen before.

Knowing that there are no new OEM or aftermarket pistons/jugs out there,
I figured the saw was junk. After opening it up and removing the embedded
ceramic pieces, I reassembled it and it now runs great again.

The top of the piston looked like a moonscape, but there was no damage
to the cylinder walls or the rings.

Attachments

• Poulan4000_2.jpg
    Poulan4000_2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 67
   / Good old chainsaws wanted #29  
I have a Poulan 4000 I just picked up recently. Haven't even had a chance to give it a go yet. It's in line for servicing and testing.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #30  
I have a Poulan 4000 I just picked up recently. Haven't even had a chance to give it a
go yet.

I kinda miss that old Poulan 4000 right now as I am cutting up 4 large douglas firs I just had felled. It's 65cc pulled
a 24" bar no problem, while my Husky 55cc saw struggles with a 2-footer. It was hard to get used to the manual-only
oiler, however.

Here is another old Poulan that I have been using, after a full rebuild. This one is a 73 model S25 tophandle, with
2 rings and points ignition. I see why pros loved these 40+ years ago. It is old enough to have a Tillotson carb.

Attachments

• Poulan_25da_4.jpg
    Poulan_25da_4.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 65