Good old chainsaws wanted

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #1  

ShearHeadMS

Silver Member
Tractor
Massy Furgason 396, ASV-100 with Cimaf, D9H(Frankenstien), D9G(Rusty), D6D(troublemaker), and JD 6420P :)
Hey guys if anybody has any old homelite, poulan, or husky saws for sale please PM me, looking for old saws with or with out bow bars, running or may need work, one I'm really looking for are homelite c72, and bigger, large size poulan a or mccoulough saws too, thanks!!

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #2  
Craigslist is your friend for finding chainsaws.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #3  
i would try ebay as well i see a few homelites on ebay from time to time

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #4  
hey xyz123 are you one arboristsite as well as on here

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #5  
I have a Macolloch promac 200 and 3 bars , 20inch, 24 inch and a 27 inch. Saw is hard to start and parts are hard to find.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted
Bought 3 saws today, a homelite c72, homelite 550, and a homelite SXL, all three have been gone through and have good bars and the SXL comes With the small brush bow bar, all in all I paid about a thousand for them and that was with shipping, I got to thinking and I guess if I went out to buy a brand new 440 or 460 I would spend about the same, hope you guys don't think I'm a idot but I went and ran my buddy's 550 homelite and just from the few trees I felled and cut I could see this saw was just what I needed

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #8  
Bought 3 saws today, a homelite c72, homelite 550, and a homelite SXL, all three have been gone through and have good bars and the SXL comes With the small brush bow bar, all in all I paid about a thousand for them and that was with shipping, I got to thinking and I guess if I went out to buy a brand new 440 or 460 I would spend about the same, hope you guys don't think I'm a idot but I went and ran my buddy's 550 homelite and just from the few trees I felled and cut I could see this saw was just what I needed

I'll tell ya SH, I'm re reading your post and my head is spinning. I cut my teeth on all the old saws you mention as that was all we had to work with before 1980. I cannot fathom first you paying $1000 for these relics (unless there is a current collector hankering for these saws I don't know about) or that you would choose to spend this kind of money on anything but a new saw (unless you were the sentimental, old school type) At first I thought it may have been a typo and you meant to say $100 but you cannot buy a 440 for near that unless it was run over by a Euclid. I'm not thinking you are an idiot. I am curious as to what compelled you to go in this direction. I recall the first day I stepped on the landing with this new fangled Husqvarna 180 that had what? anti vibe?. I took a ribbing from my fellow loggers that day but the next, the local Husky shop sold out all 5 of his 180's.

Some things to watch for on the 550. Even though you stated its been gone through is of course the rotted out fuel and oil lines but there is also a "connector boot" under the carb air box housing that rots out as well as an impulse line adjacent to the boot.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted
Ha! I'm the sentimental old school type man,moot a whole shop full of newer sthils and huskys. But something about those old boat anchors just gets me, I guess that's why I bought a D69u last week just to tinker on and run. I guess it all reminds me of a time long ago were everything didn't have to be in a big hurry :laughing:

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #10  
ShearHeadMS
HI I have a homelite C-5 its compleat it has compression .Just worndering if your intrested in the saw ,let me know . All you have to do is pay shipping and its yours .I cleaningout my shed of chainsaws just me know 12027boatman