Just bought a Stihl......

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #1  

Case485Guy

Gold Member
Tractor
Case 485
Coming from the land of Poulan saws for years......this is SAWEEEEEEET saw!:cool2: I got the MS-290 and Whoa what a difference. I sure wished I had spent the money and bought one of these years ago. Used it cleaning brush and trees on Barbed wire fence line yesterday and it was flawless.

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #2  
Like going from a Yugo to a Cadillac,the both get you there..................

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #3  
Take care of the "Farm Boss" and it will last for a few decades! :thumbsup:

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #4  
Congrats on a solid upgrade. Enjoy it and be safe!

Maybe a Yugo to reliable Chevy. I'd say the MS-361 would be the Cadillac in this weight class (better power, even lighter weight, better antivibration tech, better fuel economy, better low end torque).

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #5  
A good saw makes the job easier, that's for sure.

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #6  
I made the mistake of buying a Stihl 021 for my first saw. Life was good.
Years later I won a John Deere CS 62, got a new Efco MT3600 for $50 and found out that I had bought the top of the line in Stihl and all else was much poorer quality. I've since added two 660's and an 088 to my herd and am convinced the Stihl Pro grade saws are a step above most others.

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #7  
Coming from the land of Poulan saws for years......this is SAWEEEEEEET saw!:cool2: I got the MS-290 and Whoa what a difference.

Somebody hasnt been running the right Poulans. :laughing::laughing: If your happy with your plastic stihl I can only imagine the crap you were buying in the poulan brand. :eek:

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #8  
Tried Poulan and a host of other home improvement store units over the years. But absolutely delighted I bought my Stihl Farm Boss in 1995. It is still running beautifully almost 20 years later - and with minimum maintenance. The pro timber guys that work this area are 100 percent Stihl... And they know what they're doing.

/ Just bought a Stihl...... #9  
I have a Stihl 025 which I bought when we moved into our house in 1998 & a Stihl MS 310 which I bought about 6 years ago. I love them both - great saws. It's nice having 2 so when I screw up & get one bound up I can cut it free with the other!! I have the 025 in a case that's bungeed to the "floor" of the backhoe so I have it with me at all times when I'm out in the woods.

/ Just bought a Stihl......
I have 2 Poulan Pros, a yellow and red one. Both run good, the yellow has been the best, starts and run reliable. The red starting is finicky , but will do the job. I had 3 green ones and ended up spending more money on them than they were worth....threw them in the trash. The MS 290 "plastic", just no comparison the Poulan "plastic" saws I have. Smooth,power I like it, time will tell on reliability. So far I do like it and wished I had bought one a long time ago.