My saw plan

/ My saw plan #1  

Josh1981

Tractor
Use to own ford 1500
New member here I posted in the new member section. My name is josh and I love chainsaws. I am just a homeowner living in ga last 10 yrs use to live in upstate ny. Used my first saw up there jonsered 535. When I moved here I got a ms 180 and 290. Used them to clear side of moms property here in ga and property maint. I sold them and moved to pro saws Stihl 361 440 460 066 660 husky 365 dolmar 5105 Stihl 260 pro also had Stihl 192tc and poulan 3400 and electric poulan saw. Sold those and now have Stihl 362 461 both stock Stihl 084 ported and muffler modded and Stihl 012 stock. Also have echo 400cs. I live in a townhome so just cut for fire bowl to sit by and relax and to cook with. Gas fireplace so cannot burn. Also property maint at moms and storm cleanup.

I also have Stihl bg86 blower and kombi with pole saw edger brush cutter and hedge trimmer and string trimmer and ryobi battery blower to blow out garage. Also got old Troy built self propelled mower.

Looking forward to gaining knowledge on this site.

/ My saw plan #2  
Well gee you need to upgrade to Husky's :laughing: I am yanking your chain a little. I have had Echo's and McCulloch and Stihl also Pioneer saws. And yes I even own about 5 Stihls right now. You are right there are a lot of bright people on here to learn from. Some day I might be one of those bright people.

/ My saw plan #4  
IMO, about all of the pro saws are easy to maintain. Dolmar, Stihl, and Husky. About the only "maintaining" I ever have to do is cleaning, and bar/chain maintenance. With an ocassional fuel line or filter and air filter and sparkplug.

With that said, there really isnt a cost difference from one to the other. Heck, I even prefer stihl chain for my dolmars.

When it comes to saws, as long as we are talking about pro saws, Brand wars are pointless. I dont like the people who say one is better or more reliable than another. They are all good. When choosing a saw, IMO, its more important to look at things like ergonomics, price, and dealer support as opposed to "what brand".

/ My saw plan #5  
That's right I forgot about my Dolmar 6100 saw in my collection. It's still so new I hardly use it. Very nice saw. And my other topping saw which is a Solo.

Last edited:
   / My saw plan
I had a 5105 dolmar very nice saw but Stihl and echo best dealer support in my area most people in my area use Stihl saws even blowers trimmers because best dealer support

I do like dolmar and husky though good saws

/ My saw plan #10  
I had a 5105 dolmar very nice saw but Stihl and echo best dealer support in my area most people in my area use Stihl saws even blowers trimmers because best dealer support

I do like dolmar and husky though good saws

Yea, dolmar's dealer network sucks. Luckily I havent needed any warranty work done. And my saws are well past warranty now. For the ocassional OEM part, If I cant find it on ebay, I dont mind a dealer far away. They can ship it to me as I like to do all my own work:thumbsup:

But for someone who dont know how or dont want to do their own work, yes, dealer support is a BIG factor in deciding what brand.