New Saw on the Way!!!

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #1  

GeneD14

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Allis Chalmers D17 series IV and an Allis 170, Kubota ZG-23 Mower, Kubota ZD 1211, Kawasaki Mule 610, 2 Stihl 361's and a Stihl 660 Ported and tuned
For the last few years I have been using smaller saws to cut bigger logs. I have been dreaming about having a Stihl 660. I was finally able to order one with a 36" bar and skip tooth chain. It should be in by this weekend. I already have a large log lined up to be it's first victim.
I will post pics as soon as I can.

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #2  
Just don't cut your **** leg off with that beast my friend. Where some chaps. Those bigger saws can jump around like a smaller saw with that power head and chain combo.

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #3  
Grab some ear plugs. Mine is very loud and it'll wear you down at the end of the day. Congrats.

Brett

/ New Saw on the Way!!!
Good advise! I always wear chaps and two years ago they saved my left leg. I will never cut without them again. As far as ear protection: I wear the Stihl ear muffs and they seem to work well.

Attached is a picture of my current little saws.

Attachments

• image-424873643.jpg
    image-424873643.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 338
   / New Saw on the Way!!! #5  
Get you a dual port cover to help it breath and might need to adjust carb a hair richer. The factory exhaust outlet on the side is so small on these new saws. :confused2:
That way you dont have to do any modding on the new muffler and axe your warranty doing so. ;)

/ New Saw on the Way!!!
Thanks for the info on the dual port muffler.

I've seen some saws on ebay that they switched to the big over bore piston. I bet those really can chew through a lot of wood fast. :)

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #7  
   / New Saw on the Way!!!
LOL it might as well be a dealer display, by the time this transaction is through I have just about paid for one! ;)

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #9  
The 660 is a really nice saw for sure, we don't use ours a whole lot, but when needed it sure goes through a big log.