New Saw on the Way!!!

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #21  
That is a pro grade monster of a saw...
We will need some in action videos of that machine in action...
You must cut a lot of wood...

/ New Saw on the Way!!!
We heat with wood 100% so we have no heat bills. I usually get a few big trees about three foot in diameter per year from people that can't use that big of logs.
Once I cut the rounds to length then I can cut pie shaped wedges quickly with the saw. I burn big chunks about 12"x12"x 16 long.
I usually can get maple, oak or sycamore.

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #24  
I run ES bars on all three saws. So far I'm pretty happy with them.

Well, try an ES Light next time you buy a new bar -- you will really like the weight reduction and improvement in handling. Here's the ES Light (28") on my 461:

IMG_2830.jpg

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #25  
Congrats. That is a beast of a saw. I also have a 660. I love Stihl products.

/ New Saw on the Way!!!
I had to run some errands this morning, but the plan for this afternoon is using the 660 to cut up a big log. I can't believe that I'm looking forward to working on my day off:)
I ordered a dual port muffler off of eBay. It should be here by next weekend.

Last edited:
   / New Saw on the Way!!! #27  
Trashed my 15 year old Stihl 025 today taking down a tree that didn't go the direction I expected/intended. I'm fine as is everything but the saw RIP. Doesn't owe me a cent. A new Stihl 250 may be in my near future.

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #28  
Trashed my 15 year old Stihl 025 today taking down a tree that didn't go the direction I expected/intended. I'm fine as is everything but the saw RIP. Doesn't owe me a cent. A new Stihl 250 may be in my near future.

That stinks, at least you are okay.

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #29  
That stinks, at least you are okay.

I agree 94BULLITT! It was a great saw but when I read the tea leaves I said **** the saw, it can be replaced!! It's only $$$ after all. $100 copay for the ER if I'm lucky enough to make it there! No way I'm going to risk life & limb to saw an inanimate object!!

/ New Saw on the Way!!! #30  
I agree 94BULLITT! It was a great saw but when I read the tea leaves I said **** the saw, it can be replaced!! It's only $$$ after all. $100 copay for the ER if I'm lucky enough to make it there! No way I'm going to risk life & limb to saw an inanimate object!!
Good call on your priority's:thumbsup: Glad you were not injured.