Stihl 150 TC-E

/ Stihl 150 TC-E #1  

ccsial

Veteran Member
Tractor
(Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1900 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new
Just bought a 150 TC-E to leaqe on my quad for cleaning up stuff that keeps falling all summer. Sure is a super light saw for those little jobs.

/ Stihl 150 TC-E #2  
My 4 dealers are slow on the new stuff. You want to PM or share the going price?

/ Stihl 150 TC-E #3  
Curious about the price difference between that 24 cc saw and the next one up at 300cc's? 192 model. I am more of a Husky fan just so that I am not paying a premium price for an equivalent saw.. At least that is my 2 cents worth of opinion.

/ Stihl 150 TC-E
The smaller 150 TCE saw is more expensive. I paid $439 and the dealer through in an extra chain and engine oil.

The 192 TCE is $310. I already have one of those with a 16" bar.

I was at the Kubota dealer and saw this one and couldn't resist. It's just the right size to leave on my quad. All my other saws get cleaned and drained if I am not going to use them for a week or more. This one will stay on the quad gassed up for the never ending cleanup on my wooded land. If something bigger comes down I'll have to go get a bigger saw.

/ Stihl 150 TC-E #5  
Seems like alot of money for not a lot of saw??

Sure is light (according to the specs). 6.1 lbs;)

/ Stihl 150 TC-E #6  
LD! I agree they are pretty proud of their saws. I admit they are well built. Me being the "frugal" guy that I am will look for better prices on a saw. One of the tree guys I worked with would only run Stihl top handle saws like the MS200T he said he wouldn't run a "homeowner" saw like Echo or Husky. Problem is he had a habit of dropping them out of the tree or using them as cushions when dropping trees. That gets pretty expensive.....

/ Stihl 150 TC-E #7  
LD! I agree they are pretty proud of their saws. I admit they are well built. Me being the "frugal" guy that I am will look for better prices on a saw. One of the tree guys I worked with would only run Stihl top handle saws like the MS200T he said he wouldn't run a "homeowner" saw like Echo or Husky. Problem is he had a habit of dropping them out of the tree or using them as cushions when dropping trees. That gets pretty expensive.....

Is he aware that stihl echo and husky ALL make both homeowner and pro grade saws??

Seems for him, he should be running poulan TH saws if he drops them and uses them to cushion trees:laughing:

/ Stihl 150 TC-E #8  
Yeah LD! he is just a knucklehead at times. I laughed when he would whine about how much it cost to replace or repair his saws.

/ Stihl 150 TC-E

I have had most of the saws over the years and I too have had good luck with Stihl. The cost is not an issue to me. I got a new MS190TCE last year after a tree landed on top of my other one and totaled it. I make sure everything is out of range now. I never know when they may twist and fool me. I heat with wood and cut a lot out of my forest every year.

I've taken down a couple of small, 5", mulberrys with the 150 and it works very well. It is really nice to have such a ligh saw for limbing.

/ Stihl 150 TC-E #10  
Most chainsaws secondary purpose is a metal finder in wood. In Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago working after the tornados on a Hackberry tree that had split about 8' off the ground. I was cutting rounds off a big branch that would have been about 10' off the ground if it had still been standing when I found metal imbedded from a previous tornado years earlier.. And if you cut long enough or don't pay enough attention the chainsaw is an expensive cushion between falling wood and the ground.