Stihl 011 AVT for 40 bucks

/ Stihl 011 AVT for 40 bucks #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
That's what I paid. It had four chains with one junk, two heavily resharpened and one almost new. It was overdue a thorough cleaning but the oil pump works and it fired right up.

DSC03356.jpg

I'll mount four eye bolts on the ballast barrel so I can bungee a plastic milk box onto the top of it and have a saw readily available with a little fuel, oil and a few tools in the box as well.

/ Stihl 011 AVT for 40 bucks #3  
I am super jealous. I offered $200 to a guy we rent land from for his. He said NO WAY!

/ Stihl 011 AVT for 40 bucks
The only goofy thing I've found is I believe there's a part missing on the right side of the rear handle isolators as there's a metal bracket just hanging free. I'm struggling to find a parts explosion for this thing to validate that.

Gonna just take it to the dealership to see what they think.

/ Stihl 011 AVT for 40 bucks #6  
I had a orange one and got rid of it as fast as I could. My little poulans ate it for lunch in the cuts.

CopyofStihl011001.jpg

As an update and to get this archived, I expected my saw to have the 7 plate riveted together clutch that's so longer available and I could not idle it low enough to get the clutch to release. It tuns out the clutch has a more modern three shoe unit...with bad springs. In cross-referencing the springs, I find it's the same part number as my 192T. I swapped clutches and it works great.

Bottom line: try a clutch for a MS192T in your O11, part number 1137 160 200 before you pich the saw.