New Carbs on E-Bay. ?

/ New Carbs on E-Bay. ? #1  

yomax4

Elite Member
Tractor
ISEKI TA 247. Stihl Saws Gravely Zt's Polaris ATV's State Of The Art Welding Equipment
I am thinking of doing a Major tune up on a Stihl 044. I see carbs on e-bay for $30.00. Anyone have any luck with these after market carbs?

/ New Carbs on E-Bay. ? #2  
I have had good luck with the carb kits. I haven't bought complete carbs. A buddy of mine in New Jersey fixes a lot of saws and he has used carbs from there with success. Check the sellers rating would not be a bad idea.

/ New Carbs on E-Bay. ? #3  
Personally, I would just rebuild the carb you have. All you need is some carb cleaner or brake clean, and an air compressor, and a carb kit.

Might be a little more work, but cheaper. And I just cant imagine that a knock-off carb for $30 is going to be as good as a OEM stihl.

/ New Carbs on E-Bay. ? #4  
30mins or less to rebuild the carb from start to finish. Rebuild unless carb is no good. JMO

/ New Carbs on E-Bay. ?
Carb looks new. I can easily rebuild it. Currently the Hi Lo needles do nothing even after tearing it down and cleaning. Maybe ill try a kit.

/ New Carbs on E-Bay. ? #6  
I'm working on a 440 and the carb has stops on it that need removed for getting full adjustments. Does your 044 carb have this on the H and L too?

/ New Carbs on E-Bay. ?
Nope, I can adjust the H/L and idle. Problem is, Th specs say 1 turn on High and low. No matter where i set them it either wont run, wont accelerate ( bogs ) or screams wide open. Funny though I was cutting big wood and it was 85 degrees out. It has never skipped a beat and I refilled gas and oil and suddenly it ran like stated above. I have 4 Stihl saws and have never had this issue. I ordered a kit for it and i'll see if that helps.

/ New Carbs on E-Bay. ?
I'm working on a 440 and the carb has stops on it that need removed for getting full adjustments. Does your 044 carb have this on the H and L too?

I signed up on the repiar forum you offered. I'll put the kit in the carb 1st and seek help if the kit doesn't help.
Thanks.