Some tree trimmers should be fired

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #11  
Some folks just got no common sense. I never plant a tree or bush without planning for when it's full-sized. Of course I also don't cut or trim trees without thinking what's likely to happen to them 3 to 5 years down the road. That half tree is going to come down, in bad weather, and block that road. Hopefully it won't fall on anyone driving by, or worse, have someone crash into it.

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #12  
You think they trimmed it with one of these?

View attachment 326512

Which hangs from this:

View attachment 326513

This landed in my yard to refuel. Was great fun to watch!

I worked with those guys when I was working as a utility forester in Indiana. 10- 2 foot circular saw blades, powered by a 45 HP snowmobile engine. the pilot has controls to kill the engine, and to quick drop the whole unit in an emergency. Had to land and refuel every hour and 15 minutes. Could trim 5 miles of power line a day, both sides. Pilots work 10 hours for 10 days, then off for 21 days. The pilot that I worked with made $450 an hour.

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #13  
I would hate for one of them saw blades to hit some wire or cable and start flipping around while dangling from the helo-

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #14  
I worked with those guys when I was working as a utility forester in Indiana. 10- 2 foot circular saw blades, powered by a 45 HP snowmobile engine. the pilot has controls to kill the engine, and to quick drop the whole unit in an emergency. Had to land and refuel every hour and 15 minutes. Could trim 5 miles of power line a day, both sides. Pilots work 10 hours for 10 days, then off for 21 days. The pilot that I worked with made $450 an hour.

The pilot mentioned it's very hard on his neck looking down constantly with the weight of the helmet added in as well. And, of course, it's not cool in the chopper either. It was definitely cool to watch!

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #15  
I had the tree trimmers do the same thing to a pine in my yard. I ended up talking to the forester, she directed them to cut the tree down. That worked for me. The also trimmed 1 tree, it had 3 trunks, 2 were overhanging the line, they cut those down, but left the one hanging over my garage. :( I tried to cooperate with them, but the really just don't give a xxxx.

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #16  
   / Some tree trimmers should be fired #17  
I've experienced multiple situations with tree crews. On the high tension lines running through our property they are generally pretty good about working with us and vice versa since we keep the property mowed under the lines. Along the road though is a different story, again it all depends on the crews. One crew one year dropped a tree for us that was going to fall down anyway. This last year a crew came through trimming again (different crew) and I asked them to top the locust trees along the road and leave it and then it would be manageable for me to take the rest down. They refused. They trimmed the trees and cleared their brush and left. So the locust are still there and a hazard but now only have limbs leaning over our deer pens. They are so close to the wires I am not comfortable running a lift to do it myself and we can't access them from the pens without a lot of extra work.

I've also seen trees get left like the one that was posted at the start of this thread. They are usually left because the homeowners don't want to lose "their" tree and that is when you get these eyesores.

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #18  
X2 on fun to watch. We watched one just like that in the Cotter, AR area last year. Amazing and frightening at the same time!

They are amazing to watch.....our local electric co. used one on several roads earlier this year. A few times.....he came real close to the line.......but never hit it. They said it was less expensive compared to having their normal tree trimming crew do the work. Funny thing.....the trimming crew were all there watching the helicopter....go figure!!

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #19  
Well, at least it probably won't fall on the guys house in a storm. But will catch the other side of the street!

/ Some tree trimmers should be fired #20  
Also they can only cut the air rights over the property line, so that may lead to what you see there.