Hard choice

/ Hard choice #1  

crazyal

Tractor
Kubota, Case, Deere
So my new girlfriend said that I need a new chainsaw after watching me struggle to get my Husky started. I felt like an idiot because it was out of gas but that's my secret. The deal is that I need to get rid of some of the old saws I've had hanging around for years now and for Christmas I get a new replacement. The three that need to find new homes would be a Partner and Solo that I have no idea which models they are and a Homelite XL 12. All could be running but haven't in years. I like them but since I haven't used them in years and haven't found a place to display them I guess I should let them go. My reward would be a Dolmar 7800. Being a pack rat makes letting go of stuff hard. I still have a 35 year old fire truck that needs to get scrapped.

What's the best way? Craigs list, ebay, or other? I really don't care about making money off of them, just want them to go to a good home.

/ Hard choice #2  
Hmm, I must try this "out of gas" trick. Thanks! :D

I'd sell on CL or ArboristSite.com (AS). AS has a large number of chainsaw enthusiasts and collectors who know their stuff.

You typed "7800." Did you mean 7900?

/ Hard choice #3  
Craigslist and meet them some place neutral. Put pictures on there so they don't email and call you asking what color is it or does it have a 16" bar.......

/ Hard choice #4  
Ditto c-list. Its easier without having to deal with shipping, and they cal actually see and feel the item before they buy, so they know exactaly what they are getting.

And yes, I hope you meant 7900. And you will love that saw. What model is your current "husky" that dont run due to operator error???

/ Hard choice
My 357xp is my "problem child". Yes, 7900, had a little typo. I had a area next to the garage that was just weeds and prickers. I took the string trimmer to it and cleared her a spot for a flower garden. There were a couple of stripped Maples that had to go so I tried to start the saw and it wouldn't fire. It was in the mid 90s and near 100% humidity so it was only a half attempt. But it left me sweating pretty good.

/ Hard choice #7  
Nothing more frustrating than a saw that wont start or you constantly have to tinker with...

I have heard the 357 is a good saw. But if you do a good amount of cutting, and have been given the green-light by the woman, then you certainly will appreciate the power the 7900 has.:thumbsup:

/ Hard choice #8  
Hmm, I must try this "out of gas" trick. Thanks! :D

I'd sell on CL or ArboristSite.com (AS). AS has a large number of chainsaw enthusiasts and collectors who know their stuff.

You typed "7800." Did you mean 7900?

Current model is the PS-7910, from a Dolmar dealer.

/ Hard choice #9  
I have put a lot of use on my 357xp and never had any problems at all. Mix in the tank does help it start better though. Great med size saw! If we were closer, I'd try and talk ya out of it. But you might want to keep it as a small back-up to the 7900...

/ Hard choice #10  
There could be some updated issues with your 357. There was intake blocks, clamps, some of the walbro 199 carbs had issues (hard to start etc) etc parts were updated.

If you got a black plastic clamp stop running it till you go through it or it could cost you a top end too.