Stihl dealer has no saws

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #1  

ccsial

Veteran Member
Tractor
(Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1900 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new
I stopped my my dealer today to get some oil. A Mom and Pop dealer with great service. He had three saws on the wall. This spring it was full.

I asked why so few. He said Stihl now requires you to pay up front before you sell them and he did'nt have enough cash to stock the wall.

Does this mean only big dealers will survive?

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #2  
It means that dealer probably won't be there. Really, you can't sell from a empty cart. Local Stihl dealer here is the JD shop. Other places that sold Stihl went **** up.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #3  
Why is there so many Echo Dealers and so few Stihl Dealers?

/ Stihl dealer has no saws
It means that dealer probably won't be there. Really, you can't sell from a empty cart. Local Stihl dealer here is the JD shop. Other places that sold Stihl went **** up.

Yeah, that's what I thoiught. I even mentioned that to them.

There is a large tractor dealer about 20 miles from here that sells Stihl so I may have to go there eventually. I really like this little guy though. He takes trades too. Gave me 35 bucks for parts for my MS190T when an errant tree fell on it.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #7  

That's interesting! The 1st one (closest at 1 hour away) is my Kubota dealer and they don't have a Echo product in their place.

The second one is over an hour away and is a furniture store, never been there?

The rest are 2 hours or more away...

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #8  
My part of Ohio has 4 stihl dealers, 3 husky, 1 dolmar. The 2 echo dealers are inside 1 of the stihl and the dolmar dealer.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #9  
I must have 12 Echo dealers and 1 Stihl Dealer.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #10  
Within an hour of me there are AT LEAST a dozon stihl dealers. Not counting Home Depot, I know of 1 Echo dealer (there are probably more though)

They are all pretty well stocked with saws, parts not so much.