New Echo CS500P

/ New Echo CS500P #1  

Newell52

Tractor
John Deere 5410, John Deere GT235, John Deere GT262, Polaris Ranger
Just bought this saw last week. Was wondering if anyone else has one and what their opinion is of it. So far seems like a good. Easy start and cuts great. Have had a Husky for years, hope this Echo is just as good.

/ New Echo CS500P #2  
Just bought this saw last week. Was wondering if anyone else has one and what their opinion is of it. So far seems like a good. Easy start and cuts great. Have had a Husky for years, hope this Echo is just as good.

That's the saw I was thinking about, what made you buy it?

/ New Echo CS500P
Overall ergonomics of the saw. Has 2 nuts holding the guide bar instead of 1, controls are easily found, covers are held on with screws instead of plastic snaps. Another big thing was the 5 year warranty. Have only used the saw for a short time but so far I really am pleased with how it cuts. Also starts very easy. I also got the dealer down from $469 to $385 so it was a good buy.

/ New Echo CS500P #4  
Overall ergonomics of the saw. Has 2 nuts holding the guide bar instead of 1, controls are easily found, covers are held on with screws instead of plastic snaps. Another big thing was the 5 year warranty. Have only used the saw for a short time but so far I really am pleased with how it cuts. Also starts very easy. I also got the dealer down from $469 to $385 so it was a good buy.

Thanks much

/ New Echo CS500P #5  
Very good saw -- lightweight and compact for the cc. It's actually a Shindaiwa design that got brought into the Echo lineup when the companies merged. One thing I like about my Echo saws is that they always start cold on the first or second pull, and you can count on that. My smallest saw, a top handle Echo, will start from cold in one pull if I can flip the choke lever back to run quickly enough after it kicks over. My bigger saws are Stihls; they have never failed to start, but they are not even close to the Echos in reliability/consistency of starting. The Stihls are quite a bit more random in how they want to start.

/ New Echo CS500P #6  
How the Heck did he get it so cheap? that saw goes for 469$ with a 20" bar. They sell for list price here.

/ New Echo CS500P
The guy needed to move some saws. I don't pay retail for anything unless I have to.

/ New Echo CS500P #8  
Well you wouldn't buy that saw here.

/ New Echo CS500P #9  
Mine was rather doggy until I removed the little pipe out of the muff, just take the spark arrestor cove off and it comes right out. First saw in quite a while that was tuned right on but I pulled the caps just to make sure. It still doesn't have quire the power of the CS510,520 or 530 saws but close, maybe after it get broke in. Steve

/ New Echo CS500P #10  
I just bought a cs500p to replace my ms250.

I had a 16" bar with Oregon LPX chain and a gutted muffler on the ms250. The cs500p has a 18" bar.

Do you folks that have cs500p experience think that it will have more power and feel like an upgrade from the ms250?

Its about the same weight with 5 more cc. I also know its a rebadged shindaiwa from their merger. The ms250 was a homeowner saw and I guess the cs500p is semi-professional.