Look what showed up today in the mail my saws will finally be happy

/ Look what showed up today in the mail my saws will finally be happy
Well I got the wiring in for the power and overhead light i installed in the corner of my large barn the other night i built the bench after work today and mounted the grinder.
I installed a 3 bulb T5 fluorescent light to light the general area and directly over head installed a socket for what will be a 19.5 watt LED 120 watt equivalent flood light when they arrive back in stock
Also ran in to the issue of Oregon conveniently neutering the Tecomec manual to exclude all brands of chain but Oregon on their chart. I found the tecomec and truncated it to show stihl chains

20140310_180115-vi.jpg

20140310_183600-vi.jpg

20140310_192209-vi.jpg

http://images19.fotki.com/v677/photos/2/533732/11599240/ainSharpeingGuideForStihlChain-vi.jpg
If anyone wants a copy let me know

Dave, I was looking through a Harbor freight coupon book yesterday and when I saw this I thought of you:laughing: I have a coupon that makes it $23.99.

Chainsaw Sharpener - Save on this Electric Chain Sharpener

Yeah I'm thinking No Roger :) i bought one of these things years ago tried it once. Motor sounds like it had marbles in, it the head had a ton of flex by slightly side loading the handle you could induce 1/16" -1/8" lateral play - pure junk. I no longer shop at Hazard Fraught, its someplace in the barn unless i threw it out. I'm not sure what did a worse job that sharpener or the kid at the hardware store either :thumbdown:

/ Look what showed up today in the mail my saws will finally be happy #23  
It looks like you have a nice work bend for your chainsaws.

Yeah I'm thinking No Roger :) i bought one of these things years ago tried it once. Motor sounds like it had marbles in, it the head had a ton of flex by slightly side loading the handle you could induce 1/16" -1/8" lateral play - pure junk. I no longer shop at Hazard Fraught, its someplace in the barn unless i threw it out. I'm not sure what did a worse job that sharpener or the kid at the hardware store either :thumbdown:

I went to a Harbor freight store for the first time Sunday. They had the grinder. Like you said it had about 1/16-1/8'' of play on the head. I bet you could get your saws as sharp as a bowling ball with it.

/ Look what showed up today in the mail my saws will finally be happy #24  
It looks like you have a nice work bend for your chainsaws.

I went to a Harbor freight store for the first time Sunday. They had the grinder. Like you said it had about 1/16-1/8'' of play on the head. I bet you could get your saws as sharp as a bowling ball with it.

With that much flex you might sharpen the wrong end of the cutter. At 6.6 pounds it has to be nearly all plastic.

/ Look what showed up today in the mail my saws will finally be happy #25  
X do yourself a favor and discard the pink disc that came with your grinder. Or use it then get yourself a CBN wheel and marvel at the difference. If you want to go nuts, get the ABN wheel but its half the cost of the grinder. Good for taking off a lot of cutter without the heat build up. If you stick with the pink disc, at least get a "Kool Grind" crayon. Its basically a formulated wax stick that helps by reducing heat build up and wheels last longer. You have a great grinder there so might as well feed it well.

Last edited:
X do yourself a favor and discard the pink disc that came with your grinder. Or use it then get yourself a CBN wheel and marvel at the difference. If you want to go nuts, get the ABN wheel but its half the cost of the grinder. Good for taking off a lot of cutter without the heat build up. If you stick with the pink disc, at least get a "Kool Grind" crayon. Its basically a formulated wax stick that helps by reducing heat build up and wheels last longer. You have a great grinder there so might as well feed it well.

Thanks, eddie48 also recommended a CBN wheel as well I've been looking at them. I figure i might as well use the wheel up first. I looked into the Kool Grind sticks they are only $2.50 i think i'll get a couple. The ABN wheels look pretty cool but the $269 cost is shocking. I'm just an amateur I would never recoup the investment