Inexpensive Chainsaw Mill

/ Inexpensive Chainsaw Mill #1  

Egon

Epic Contributor
Fivestring:

The " Egon Method " picture is finally here. It's simple, cheap and does work.

Egon

Last edited:
   / Inexpensive Chainsaw Mill
Some trees waiting to be converted into a Dory.

Egon

Last edited:
The guide bar and follower.

Egon

Last edited:
   / Inexpensive Chainsaw Mill #4  
looks good-n-simple. you must have just drilled a hole through your bar to attach that ??

those woods look an awfull lot like queens county /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5/8 inch hole in the bar.

Woods site is near Westfield and along the side of Hen Lake

Egon

/ Inexpensive Chainsaw Mill #6  
I like it!

Since I've never used one, I have a few questions....
1. Do you crank the saw then attach the bolt to the bar?
2. Is the guide clamped onto the log?
3. Was it really a three hour tour?
4. Is marriage the leading cause of divorce?

/ Inexpensive Chainsaw Mill #7  
That is a very ingenious use of a chainsaw. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I have a neighbor I nick-named "Chainsaw Bob" because he tried to frame up his house using a chainsaw to cut the lumber (He was too cheap to put in electricity.). If he'd been as clever as you, he probably wouldn't be living in the shack he calls his house. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This is probably so obvious it's embarrassing, but in your last picture it looked like you had the log supported on metal. Don't you have to put some wood buffer-blocks under the log, and don't you have to be very careful not to get that chainsaw blade down into the dirt? I guess I'm thinking if the whole rig was waist-high and supported on some scrap wooden beams at each end and the center, it would save some sore backs and some dull blades.

The idea is definetly not mine. Scavenged from somewhere.

The logs are sitting on other logs. The bar is only 18 inches and doesn't touch dirt. I dislike sharpening blades.

I've got to get some some tree stump's about 18 inches high with a V cut in the top.

These pictures were a first trial run. Lots of things can be changed and improved. Suggestions ???? appreciated.

From the real loggers I can hear the chuckles but heck, it only cost maybe 15 dollars.

Egon

Fivestring:

Oh my; such questions. I'm a simple person who gets all aggitated and confused when complicated things are asked of me. Next thing you'all will be having me looking for one of them people who help people with problems and giving me one of them jackets with the extra long sleeves.

Egon

/ Inexpensive Chainsaw Mill #10  
Egon,

Really Cool,

I like it.

Like they say.... "Keep It Simple"

Tom