Finding replacement B&D Chainsaw Metal Drive Sprocket

/ Finding replacement B&D Chainsaw Metal Drive Sprocket #1  

jimpen

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 25HST
I have an B&D electric chainsaw that I don't use often. It's about 10 years old. Somewhere, somewhen after I last used it the sprocket at the end of the chain came off and went missing. :thumbdown: The part number is B&D Chainsaw Metal Drive Sprocket Gear 376812. Apparently it is discontinued in the U.S. but they have them still available in the UK. But it seems none of the U.K sellers will ship to the U.S.

Gear_376812.jpg

So does anyone know a dealer in the U.S. that might have them gathering dust on a shelf or a suitable substitute?

I don't want to buy a new $80+ chainsaw for a $5 sprocket. Especially considering how rarely it will be used.

/ Finding replacement B&D Chainsaw Metal Drive Sprocket
Doesn't anyone have a suggestion?

/ Finding replacement B&D Chainsaw Metal Drive Sprocket #3  
who actually makes the BD chainsaw ( look up the look a like )

six star sprocket ( check your chain size and pitch ) and go look for a match at poulin , crafstman, remingtion , etc...

/ Finding replacement B&D Chainsaw Metal Drive Sprocket #5  
it is a good chance the craftsman would work, Black and Decker made tools for Craftsman. Your chainsaw may have been built by Black and Decker, they at one time actually did manufacture their products. Not any longer all are made in China or Mexico including the DeWalt line.

Thanks. I'll put it on order and let you all know.

/ Finding replacement B&D Chainsaw Metal Drive Sprocket #8  
not quite ... one of my my craftsman riding mowers starts with 138 ......

It came in Saturday. It isn't a 100% match. There was a little bottom on my old one. It fit though, but I didn't have a chance to fire up the saw.

Thank to all who responded. :thumbsup:

/ Finding replacement B&D Chainsaw Metal Drive Sprocket #10  
Thank you for posting the who makes what info. Most people have no knowledge of this info. You pay more for the Sears name and the chance to use their credit card. Why would anyone not purchase from the direct manufacturer?