Ms 441 problems

/ Ms 441 problems #1  

andrehoude123

Silver Member
Ok so i got this ms441 from a friend about 6 months ago ran amazing till last week it had no more guts and would die at full throttle but would just perfect at idol I brought it into the dealer they changed my plug and adjusted my carb and was running great for about 5 gas tanks and started doing the same thing!!! So is it just my carburetor that needs to be adjusted again and if so anyone wanna explain this to me. Thanks!

The worst part is I have a job tmrw to do but my go to saw is not working!!!

/ Ms 441 problems #2  
Make sure you have fresh fuel. Are you leaving ethanol gas in the tank and carb for more than a few weeks at a time? Do you run the saw dry if it's not being used for a long time? Most problems I see with saws are due to the fuel.

/ Ms 441 problems
I use this saw on a weekly base so I run 3-4 tanks a week and sometime a lot more maybe I should try to make a new batch of mix fuel?

/ Ms 441 problems #4  
Worst case, buy a can of Stihl premix and run that through. If it has problems on that, then it's not a fuel problem.

My 261 normally runs great, but had lousy throttle response last time I pulled it out for a small job (I normally use a 461). I borrowed a bit of fuel from one of the climbers on the job and it solved the problem. So I must have had lousy fuel.

/ Ms 441 problems
That's what I was I used my buddy mix gas and it ran great guess I'll be mixing more gas tnrw

/ Ms 441 problems #6  
Dealer could have dumped your fuel and used theirs when they had your saw (not uncommon). If so, your saw was tuned using their fuel and at their mix ratio. Try to match it.

/ Ms 441 problems
91 octane the highest we can get around here and it must be the ethanol

/ Ms 441 problems #9  
I'd rather not use ethanol gasoline, but that's the only gasoline reasonably accessible in my area. I run 90+ octane gasoline (w/no more than 10% ethanol) all the time at 50:1 with Stihl Ultra and have had no issues. Once mixed, it's used within two months.