Larger Saw Purchase

/ Larger Saw Purchase #21  
Aside from the weight, I havent got a bad thing to say about the 66's. I have 5 of them, and they have been my most reliable saws. Im sad to see that their is now a replacement for them, and I sincerely doubt its going to prove as great.

If your not fit or strong enough, they are not a saw you want to be lumbered with all day (get it, lumbered??) But if you have bigger or tougher stuff to cut, they shine.

I like to run 22inch bars on them, although I do have a couple of 36's to go on them as well. (which they handle well but now I leave the longer bars to the bigger saws as for me its all about cutting speed, time is money)

Heres my old redlight 066 with a 36bar a few months ago, its older than dirt, cut more trees than I can even think and still works great as a felling and bucking saw LjMjLRU.jpg

/ Larger Saw Purchase #22  
CSM......Christian Science Monitor??

/ Larger Saw Purchase #25  
Around here when people want planks everyone runs the bandsaw blades. One guy has a trailer that he sets up at your place.

/ Larger Saw Purchase #26  
Gotcha. I googled CSM and couldn't figure it out. Thanks for cluing me in. Embarrassing since as a BSM owner I ought to have known that.

/ Larger Saw Purchase #27  
Chainsaws are like all other tools and equipment, they're addictive and you should never have just one :D

/ Larger Saw Purchase #28  
Did you decide on a saw yet?

/ Larger Saw Purchase
I'm leaning toward the 461 saw. It is listed as having the same weight as the 441 but with a little more power. I'll leave the 16 inch bar on my 261 and put a 24 inch on the 461. Thanks for all the input.
rj

/ Larger Saw Purchase #30  
I found a new 440 a couple years ago and jumped all over it. To me the 440 is one of the best saws Stihl ever made. I have a 20" bar on it and it's my do it all saw. I also bought a junky Poulan from Lowes for my workers to use and tear up instead of my 440.