Jonsered 2050 Turbo

/ Jonsered 2050 Turbo #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
It was a great saw and still would be if it wasn't for a guy thinking it needed fixing when it actually didn't need fixing. :rolleyes: So now I may be forced to buying a new one. That little saw has been a great saw and I hate getting something new and not performing like the old one. I hate when that happens. But I seriously think the repairs are going to be expensive and I think I should look at a new saw. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a comparable saw?

/ Jonsered 2050 Turbo #2  
What could you have done to it than needs repairs worse than a new carb. Most small engine carbs are around $40 + installation $60 so you will be out about $100 for a new carb and tune-up. Much cheaper than a new saw.

/ Jonsered 2050 Turbo
When I first took it in it needed a carb kit. I told him to go ahead and fix it. $70.00 roughly with labor. Saw ran great but leaked oil while not running. I took it back to the guy that fixed it and he said the hose came off. Should be good to go,, no charge. When I got it home I could not get any oil on the chain while cutting so to finish up what I was doing I would just run some oil over the chain every so often.

I looked up Jonsered dealers and low and behold there is an actual small town dealer small engine repair shop in my hometown where I grew up. I know the guy somewhat so I took it into him. He found a cracked oil tube and a hole in the fuel/oil tank. Evidently this is a combo tank and is an expensive part. So I will use the link provided previously here and see if I can't fix it myself if the tank isn't too expensive.

/ Jonsered 2050 Turbo #5  
Those are good saws, definitely worth the hassle and looking into. In tractor lingo it would be called a small utility/larger CUT lol. If you ever give up on it I would seek an ECHO CS 500P, no need for a dealer nearby as that thing will never break and always start easy.

It is the old Shindaiwa488 realy which Echo rebadged after they took over Shindaiwa , not as fancy or as high-revving as some newer designs but you wont find a more reliable saw and it is still not quite as much $ as a comparable Husky or Stihl.

/ Jonsered 2050 Turbo #6  
2050 plastic crankcase. Mufflers come loose and burn holes in the tank or chains come off and rip holes on that side of tank. I have redneck repaired 455 350 tanks in past and still going without replacing the crankcases.

/ Jonsered 2050 Turbo
The saw owes me nothing. It is almost 20 years old and the only thing I have ever done with it was the carb kit and a new safety brake. The safety brake I can't complain when I backed over the saw with my tractor. The hole in the tank according to the guy that just condemned the tank was from the fuel.