Husqvarna 235

/ Husqvarna 235 #1  

Kenneth in Texas

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4wd, FEL
small 16" i use for trimming trees and cutting dead limbs that fall. Went to use it last week, its dead, no spark at the plug, surely the ignition which i found for $20 online BUT is there something else I should be checking before I buy one?

/ Husqvarna 235 #2  
How 'bout a new plug?:confused3:

/ Husqvarna 235 #3  
Check alignment/spacing distance of the coil with the magnets on the flywheel. Not sure about the 235, but sometimes this spacing is adjustable. (Maybe it vibrated to too big of a gap? :confused3: )

/ Husqvarna 235 #5  
To rule out the plug, test for spark without the plug. Which can be challenging with only one person unless you have a spark tester.

And if still no spark, flywheel gap as others have suggested. And I would jumper around the switch before I purchased one, just to rule that out.

IF it is none of the above, could be a coil has failed. And depending on how old and condition of the saw, might not be worth messin with.

/ Husqvarna 235
sorry should have said, tried new plug, still nothing. Will try the jumper around the switch. Now what about the flywheel gap? how do i know what the right gap is?

/ Husqvarna 235 #7  
For what its worth, rural king lists specs of the saw and they list ignition module air gap at 0.010".

So you need a 10 thousandth feeler gauge.