Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Cub 2165

Default CS-500VL Recall

I have one of these saws that is part of Echo's recall. It is a 50CC saw, runs great, and it cuts well enough for what I do. The only problem is the recall on the flywheel. I am waiting on call back from the dealer to let me know what model it will be replaced with.

My question for you guys is ... how will a new model in the 50CC range compare to the model I am running now? More power? Less power? I know the newer ones are lighter ... I did glance them over at the dealer. Does anyone have experience with the new Echo saws in this power range?

Is running a recalled saw stupid? My feeling is that it is a pretty serious issue if they are willing to give me a new saw for one that is 35 or so years old.

I cut about 4 cords of firewood a year with it ... it is what I would consider light use.

Have a good one!

Tractor
    none now

Default Re: CS-500VL Recall

Only these. Owners of Model 500VL chain saws with serial numbers inclusive to 0023000

Thread with all the info in it. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.c...ainsaw-recall/
    REDNECK Chainsaw Repair

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Cub 2165

Quote Originally Posted by xyz123 View Post
    Only these. Owners of Model 500VL chain saws with serial numbers inclusive to 0023000

Thread with all the info in it. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.c...ainsaw-recall/
    I dont understand what you are saying ... my saw is part of the recall for sure. It has been confirmed by calling Echo, and by the dealer.

Tractor
    TYM T503 cab , 1946 Farmal M , case 310 industrial /w fel

I purchased an Echo cs590 timberwolf package in the fall of 2013 for firewood - very happy with it but it does appear to be a bit weaker than my older saw from another company with same size engine. actually I cut a tank of gas threw it today and its hot and muggy in central Wi.!

Tractor
    none now

Quote Originally Posted by debo1683 View Post
    I dont understand what you are saying ... my saw is part of the recall for sure. It has been confirmed by calling Echo, and by the dealer.
    I just copied paste what echo showed for serial numbers to be to get replaced. If you are already approved then go get it done IMO.

They were giving a 510 if you read the info. I dont know what 50cc they are giving now.
    REDNECK Chainsaw Repair

Tractor
    none now

Went to echo website. Looks like a cs 500p is the newer saw now. I'd be all over that IMO.
    REDNECK Chainsaw Repair

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Cub 2165

Thanks for your help guys. The Echo dealer has all the paperwork and I have to go in today to fill it out. People seem to be happy with the new Echo's, so I will give it a shot.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Cub 2165

I got my new saw yesterday. It is a CS-450. It is a nice saw, came with an 18" bar. I cut a few scraps of wood with it, it runs and cuts well. It is significantly lighter than the old saw ... which is a huge plus for me. It will be interesting to see how it does when I cut a lot of wood ...