CS-500VL Recall

/ CS-500VL Recall #1  

debo1683

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub 2165
I have one of these saws that is part of Echo's recall. It is a 50CC saw, runs great, and it cuts well enough for what I do. The only problem is the recall on the flywheel. I am waiting on call back from the dealer to let me know what model it will be replaced with.

My question for you guys is ... how will a new model in the 50CC range compare to the model I am running now? More power? Less power? I know the newer ones are lighter ... I did glance them over at the dealer. Does anyone have experience with the new Echo saws in this power range?

Is running a recalled saw stupid? My feeling is that it is a pretty serious issue if they are willing to give me a new saw for one that is 35 or so years old.

I cut about 4 cords of firewood a year with it ... it is what I would consider light use.

Have a good one!

/ CS-500VL Recall
   / CS-500VL Recall #4  
I purchased an Echo cs590 timberwolf package in the fall of 2013 for firewood - very happy with it but it does appear to be a bit weaker than my older saw from another company with same size engine. actually I cut a tank of gas threw it today and its hot and muggy in central Wi.!

/ CS-500VL Recall #5  
I dont understand what you are saying ... my saw is part of the recall for sure. It has been confirmed by calling Echo, and by the dealer.

I just copied paste what echo showed for serial numbers to be to get replaced. If you are already approved then go get it done IMO.

They were giving a 510 if you read the info. I dont know what 50cc they are giving now.

/ CS-500VL Recall #6  
Went to echo website. Looks like a cs 500p is the newer saw now. I'd be all over that IMO.

/ CS-500VL Recall
Thanks for your help guys. The Echo dealer has all the paperwork and I have to go in today to fill it out. People seem to be happy with the new Echo's, so I will give it a shot.

/ CS-500VL Recall
I got my new saw yesterday. It is a CS-450. It is a nice saw, came with an 18" bar. I cut a few scraps of wood with it, it runs and cuts well. It is significantly lighter than the old saw ... which is a huge plus for me. It will be interesting to see how it does when I cut a lot of wood ...