Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390?

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #1  

/pine

Super Star Member
I can search the net and get an idea but was wondering if anyone here has anything first hand to relate...
I have an older model (no compression release) Stihl MS390...w/20" bar...that I really don't need/use...
...The saw has very low hours and is like new...I'm looking for a realistic trade/barter value...
I'm considering trading it in for a light weight limbing saw or bartering for saw mill services...

Anyone?

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #2  
To me I would sell it for $300 and feel that is a fair price for both.

I wouldnt buy one for that though. Just not a series of saw I like.

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #3  
Well I know they were close to $600 new because I bought one and has been a great firewood saw, I would think a good starting point to be around $400-450.

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #4  
I'd never pay more than $250 as you can buy a brand new Echo CS 590 for $400 and it will cut way faster the a MS390 plus it's built WAY better. Steve

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #5  
To me I would sell it for $300 and feel that is a fair price for both.

I wouldnt buy one for that though. Just not a series of saw I like.

I agree.

Well I know they were close to $600 new because I bought one and has been a great firewood saw, I would think a good starting point to be around $400-450.

You're area must be way different than mine. Or the 390 for some reason was more than the current 391. They still aren't $600 here (just under actually). About 5 years ago they were around $400- $450 because I was deciding between that and a husky 455 or 460. I ended up with a used ms361. Still don't know about a 390, but I would assume it is close.

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390?
Thanks for the insights...

...I'd never pay more than $250 as you can buy a brand new Echo CS 590 for $400 and it will cut way faster the a MS390 plus it's built WAY better. Steve
I don't need another saw (other than maybe an ultra-light limber)...just trying to get a fair/realistic value of the saw I don't need or use...

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #7  
I wasn't trying to get you to buy another saw, sure wouldn't pay $300 for a used MS390 when a new Echo CS590 costs $400 and it's a way better saw. Steve

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #8  
I wasn't trying to get you to buy another saw, sure wouldn't pay $300 for a used MS390 when a new Echo CS590 costs $400 and it's a way better saw. Steve

While that may be true, it doesn't answer the question at hand.

People like the 390. Personally I'd buy a 361 instead, but I'm sure someone would pay $350 for your 390.

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #9  
Check eBay and Craigslist. You will get good money for it there.

For the record Stihl > Echo :D

/ Any first hand knowledge for value of MS390? #10  
Just seen a older but good looking 039 asking $250. Screw ebay and their fees IMO. Knock 20% off for fees from everything when all said in done.