Gas

/ Gas #2  
Ethanol mix, even with stabilier, seems to create carb issues after a few months. I buy Mogas at an airport.

But in summer months as soon as I empty a gas can I put Stabil Marine Ethanol Formula (storage dose) in the tank to try to head off problems.

Last edited:
   / Gas #3  
I put "regular" Stabil in the gas(10% ethanol) for my riding lawn mower, chain saw, weed eater & generator. I use this mixture year round and have never experienced a problem. I do not drain nor run dry any of my equipment. Done it this way for over 40 years with no problems.

/ Gas #4  
For me, it's Seafoam & Marvel Mystery Oil according to label directions in all my small engine gas year round.

/ Gas #5  
I used to run the gas out of my chainsaw, string trimmer, lawnmower, etc. for many years. But now I never do that. I also have a 2-cycle Mantis tiller and I quickly learned that if you run the gas out of it, the fuel filter in the tank will harden and no fuel will go through it to the engine until you remove that filter and blow it out backwards. So I just use the mid-grade gasoline with ethanol and a pretty liberal amount of the regular Stabil.

/ Gas #6  
I had to ALWAYS run my old Stihl chain saw dry. One time I didn't and had troubles starting it the next time.

One the grass whip I with the bulb thingie to pump fuel to the carb, I never had problems with it.

Now, with an ICD implant, I cannot use any of these and just use 18v stuff. Better is probably the 40 and 56v stuff for chain saws. I've a 40v lawn mower.

Ralph

/ Gas #7  
I use 0 ethanol gas. I leave my gas in all yr mixed with Amsoil 2 cycle oil

/ Gas #8  
I use gas with ethanol. Have for many, many years. My chainsaws are always run out of fuel completely, because usually, the last time it runs out, I know I'm too tired to keep cutting! :laughing: Weedeater stays full of gas year round. Snowblower gets run out every spring. Those are my two-strokes. My tractor, log splitter, lawn mower, tiller and generator are all four stroke gas engines. They have gas in them year round. The only thing I use Stabil in is the generator. I try to run that for an hour several times a year and keep the tank topped off. Its a small tank.

All of my equipment starts fairly easily, so no complaints there.

With that said, my chaisaws and weedeater have all lost fuel lines due to them turning to mush in the tank, regardless of running them out of fuel or not. I'm convinced its the ethanol in the fuel, but have no scientific proof. :rolleyes:

/ Gas #9  
I store everything (2 stroke equipment, ZTR, ATV, generator, etc.) with tanks completely full of treated gas-have not had an issue. I recently found a source of ethanol free gas and am using in that in all the 2 stroke equipment, as well things that have small tanks. I treat that gas as well with Star-tron.

Will

/ Gas
So basically use some sort of gas treatment regardless of whether its non ethanol or ethanol mix and leave it in the tank? Just seems in previous years if gas stays in them for a couple months i have a heil of a time starting them, so im gonna try the gas treatment this time :dance1: