New cheap saw

/ New cheap saw #31  
Tanaka was a purely Japanese brand. Then they were bought by the parent company of Hitachi, and now some Tanaka-labeled saws are Chinese-made Hitachis. Not nearly as good as the originals, if you ask me. The little Tanaka tree saws made in Japan were real gems.

/ New cheap saw #32  
Hijack: Anyone have an Echo Timberwolf? I see the local farm store has them in their weekly flyer. I had two Stihls stolen from my barn and the one replacement is a 251. My older homeowner Stihl 210?? would start easily but this new one is a royal pain. Looking for something to replace the Farm Boss that was stolen.

It's a budget version of the better CS-600 and CS-620 saws, with a little more plastic and little less power. Probably not a bad saw. Certainly no worse than a Farm Boss. If you want a pro saw though, get the 620.

The Echo CS-500P is also a great saw. Very light and powerful for the cc. It's only 50cc, but will likely out-cut your old Farm Boss.

/ New cheap saw #33  
The Echo CS-500P is also a great saw. Very light and powerful for the cc. It's only 50cc, but will likely out-cut your
old Farm Boss.

Echoes have a good rep, and 5y consumer-use warranties, vs the 2y from Stihl. They are made up to 81cc, but your
local HomeDepot won't usually stock them. (You can buy them at HD online, however....CS-620P is $650.)

The long-lived Stihl FarmBoss MS290 (57cc) has now been discontinued (replaced by MS291, 56cc). I have had
the MS290 and its predecessor, the 029, and both are OK, but don't have compression release, and cold start requires
full throttle-lock. I think the Husky Rancher 455 or 460 is superior in every way. Have not tried the new
Echoes.

But back to the OP's cheap saw requirement. I have just sent a friend off to Lowes to get the Poulan 4018, but
the 3314 is only $109 right now. They also carry Husky and Hitachi.

/ New cheap saw #34  
My Echo Weed eater is The best i have had. I like my Stihl 361 pro saw, it is a great saw but what i have learned about a saw its all about the chain. With a sharp chain it will make the chips feel like water running down your leg.

/ New cheap saw #35  
TSC has a Poulan saw for black friday ad at < 100 dollars.

/ New cheap saw #36  
TSC has a Poulan saw for black friday ad at < 100 dollars.

Its probably a factory reconditioned 18" 42CC model. They run those every few months. But, you never know, it could be brand new.

/ New cheap saw #37  
Hijack: Anyone have an Echo Timberwolf? I see the local farm store has them in their weekly flyer. I had two Stihls stolen from my barn and the one replacement is a 251. My older homeowner Stihl 210?? would start easily but this new one is a royal pain. Looking for something to replace the Farm Boss that was stolen.

I bought one in June. Cut up 12 cords with it. Nice Saw for the price point just don't drop it.

/ New cheap saw #38  
Actually between only Stihl and Echo I preferred the Echo that got stolen and replaced by a Stihl. It has been a long time but I think it was better starting and running.

/ New cheap saw #39  
Actually between only Stihl and Echo I preferred the Echo that got stolen and replaced by a Stihl. It has been a long time but I think it was better starting and running.

No question about that. My Echos start so reliably they are predictable. My Stihls are much more random and always harder to start.