Octane Booster

/ Octane Booster #1  

yomax4

Elite Member
Tractor
ISEKI TA 247. Stihl Saws Gravely Zt's Polaris ATV's State Of The Art Welding Equipment
I did a search and found no info on here regarding octane booster products available at auto parts stores. Does anyone have an oppinion on using boosters? We used to use it in dirt bikes back in the 70's.

/ Octane Booster #3  
I use the cetane booster (Powerservice) on the diesel and just started using the Lucas cleaner in the gallon jugs for the tractor and the autos. I think it makes a difference. I know the tractor RPMs jumped by 200 after I started using it.

/ Octane Booster #4  
I did a search and found no info on here regarding octane booster products available at auto parts stores. Does anyone have an oppinion on using boosters? We used to use it in dirt bikes back in the 70's.

The only one that ever made a difference I could feel was Klotz Nitro-methane -

haven't seen it in many years though. tried some octane boosters but none worked -and most say raises octane X number of points, the (points) are .1 octane each...

Of course this only relates to gas engines.

/ Octane Booster #5  
Higher octane is not needed in chain saws. Even modified work saws.

/ Octane Booster
Why not purchase 91 or 94 octane fuel at the pump? Or 100LL at the airport?

No problem there but most 91 where I live has ethanol.. I just though if it was available in a can at the store I wouldn't have to go to the airport. I have a few saws with muffler mods and good gas is hard to find. I try to buy off road gas where available but most in the upper Midwest is E-85 or 10% ethanol. That being said, How does non-ethanol gas store over time? maybe i'll pick up 10 gallons if it stores ok.

/ Octane Booster #9  
No problem there but most 91 where I live has ethanol.. I just though if it was available in a can at the store I wouldn't have to go to the airport. I have a few saws with muffler mods and good gas is hard to find. I try to buy off road gas where available but most in the upper Midwest is E-85 or 10% ethanol. That being said, How does non-ethanol gas store over time? maybe i'll pick up 10 gallons if it stores ok.
It's worth it to track down and use Non Ethonal gas in small engines. I drive 26 miles round trip just to buy non-E gas for my saws, mower, weedeater, etc. I buy 15 gallons at a time and sore it for around 6 months. I would not use any higher octane that 93, the stuff I get is 91.