Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used...

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Not a chainsaw, A Husquavarna 308 bolt action rifle, Grade A, engine turned bolt, beautiful gloss wood stock, blued action, mauser claw extraction, never fired, in the original box. Can't wait for the scope to come in so I can build a load for it and get it ready for hunting this fall.

Never knew Husky built rifles but this one is supposed to be a shooter. We shall see.

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #2  
Have you checked its value? I have no clue - but - I'd look before I put a round through it - or mounted the scope - or even dented the box.

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #3  
"husky" goes back a ways

Arms first, then motorbikes,( even some respectably four strokes) now saws. The saws are a "name only" sort of thing, IIRC some sewing machine company actually is in control. ;-)

.308 is a fine cartridge. Good for just about anything. dog to water buffalo.

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #4  
I always thought the sewing machine company was the same as the arms company. Sewing machines were/are sold under the "Viking" name in the US. Were high end.

Many companies made sewing machines and arms, the technologies were remarkably similar. Singer made rifles in WW II.

I have always heard Husqvarna rifles were very good quality.

I agree with checking value before firing, or doing anything to it. A pristine box adds to the collector value considerably with most things.

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #5  
Singer made 500 .45 ACP pistols in WWII. They are the most sought after .45's of all. They are worth a fortune. While only 500 were made, and issued, there are an estimated 5000 to 10,000 of them in circulation and offered for sale. It is amazing the lengths some people will go to, to make a buck.

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #6  
I see Colt has filed bankruptcy. I was at a gun show a few weeks ago and saw a Colt Python revolver for sale. This thing looked like it had been used as a door stop. Price $2900. I paid an enormous at the time price of $600 for mine - new around mid 80s. Still doesn't have a scratch :)

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #7  
Trivia: the Husky logo depicts a set of open gunsights on top, not a crown.

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #8  
Trivia: the Husky logo depicts a set of open gunsights on top, not a crown.

I never knew that. But it is on their website, The logo was started in 1620 when they were a rifle factory.

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #9  
That's a great rifle. I would also check value before I would do anything to the rifle, unless you are committed to using it.

Will

/ Got myself a '60's Husquavarna in the box, never used... #10  
Good rifle....I've got a few pistols that won't ever get shot because of their worth (and that I've got a couple more in that caliber that I do shoot)...however, having shot competitively most of my life in one discipline or another, if you have an itch to use the Husky to hunt with, definitely go that route...run a few patches down the barrel with some Hoppes #9 on the patch to give you an idea of whats in there...or if its truely unfired to get the cosmoline/other chems out....you may find it hard to find a set of rings/bases that fit (if they are like Rems/Winches bases are made for a specifc model)...does the rifle have fixed sights? My vote is: the heck with collector value...if you don't have another 308, shoot it... BobG in VA